Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

07 Predator contest submission pics.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 07 Predator contest submission pics.

The wind didn't hit here until 11:00 or so. I was 40 miles east of Pueblo though.

I am shooting a .243 with a Sierra 70 gr. Blitzkings. I don't know what is going on, but I haven't had anydo this kind of damage to these coyotes until today. The one that I shot yesterday was a nice clean kill. Today, all of themwere blow ups. I even tried to hide the bad side of them.

The last one pictured was shot at 431 yards. I went back this afternoon to range it. If you look at the picture, you will see that part of it's jaw is torn up. That is where I hit it on the first shot. I didn't see it run away or anything so I started to walk out towards it. When I got about 100 yards or so away,it stood up but had it's head way down low and was walking funny. I dropped to a sit and shot theside out ofit.

I have a few other pictures of coyotes shot with the same gun, same load, and none of them but one that I shot in the shoulder looked anything like these did.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

yeah it happen. i have a pic of the other side of the two i shot last sunday. the big one i shot at 385 yards and hit it in the ass as you can see in the pic i put on here the other smaller one was taken at 225 yards and entrence wond wasnt bad but you dont wat to see the exit. i need to find a round that wolnt do as much pelt damage with out going down in calibers. any ideas. i can reload a certain round if need be.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Sierra 60gr HPs at 3600fps out of my 243, and I don't have any exit wounds unless you hit shoulder blades, and then its not even a 100% guarantee of an exit wound.

I shot the 70gr Blitz Kings for a while and I wasn't impressed with them too much, as they wrecked everything I shot with them.

Hornady 75gr HPs do a good job as well, and are fur friendly.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Spike

got a yote for team #9

Old 10-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

It will be required that your weapon used is in the pic. with the predator/s.

As much as I want to add that onto the score, see rule above! Is it there and I'm not seeing it? I hope so!

Old 10-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

just wondering but whats the wepon have to do with it?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's just what we ended up with in the rules. Not that it will keep anyone from picking up aroad kill and laying a gun beside it for a pic. or anyone from trapping them and laying a gunbeside it for a pic., but it's a rule we ended up with! Heck, he's on my team, so I'm hoping he's got another pic. with a weapon included.
A pic. with each team memberand thier weapon along with the predator would've been better, but for thosethat hunt alone and a camera with no timer would've had troubles.
A goofy rule, BUT it is what we got!I think most of us are interested in seeing what weapons everyone else uses! Or at least I am!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

true.. that ar in some of these pics is neat. not understand.rules are rules.lol
thanks
Old 10-23-2007, 02:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: duckdog132

yeah it happen. i have a pic of the other side of the two i shot last sunday. the big one i shot at 385 yards and hit it in the ass as you can see in the pic i put on here the other smaller one was taken at 225 yards and entrence wond wasnt bad but you dont wat to see the exit. i need to find a round that wolnt do as much pelt damage with out going down in calibers. any ideas. i can reload a certain round if need be.
what cal are ya shooting? Id use a V-max in just about any cal just keep them light and fast. I push a 55 grain V-max out of my Savage .223 at 3,300 to 3,350 fps at close range and long range i have yet to have one exit.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

im shooting a 308 savage 12 vfss.

Quick Reply: 07 Predator contest submission pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.