Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Colorado Prarie Dogs?

Old 09-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default Colorado Prarie Dogs?

Anyone know of any public land in northern Colorado tohunt prarie dogs?
Thanks in advance.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 AM

Default RE: Colorado Prarie Dogs?

There used to be a town on the Pawnee Ntl. grasslands, I don't know if it's still there or not.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is a closed season, no shooting of, prairie dogs east of I-25 on all public lands. You must be an "agent" of any landowners east of I-25, which means you must have permission from private landowners east of I-25.
If you find prairie dogs on private and find the landowner, most times, they will allow shooting of prairie dogs.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Crittergiter

There used to be a town on the Pawnee Ntl. grasslands, I don't know if it's still there or not.
I scouted a lot of the northern pawnee grasslands last year and didn't come up with anything. I saw where they used to be though. thanks.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I scouted a lot of the northern pawnee grasslands last year and didn't come up with anything. I saw where they used to be though. thanks.
And even if you find them there, you CAN"T shoot them. They are protected on all public lands east of I-25!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Howler

And even if you find them there, you CAN"T shoot them. They are protected on all public lands east of I-25!
Not anymore. Now there is just a season for private and public land.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I stand corrected Super G. I hadn't heard that they had reverted back to allowing the killing of them on public grounds. Good deal!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Howler

I stand corrected Super G. I hadn't heard that they had reverted back to allowing the killing of them on public grounds. Good deal!
Howler, I didn't realize that either, I should have done some regulation checking this year. I just assumed it hadn't changed. The new regs makes things a lot easier. Thanks
Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Typical Buck

Where are you located?? I am in Pueblo and I travel out east, about 45 miles and shoot the piss out of them. Getting a buttload of ammo loaded up this week for a weekend shoot. If you are wanting to go, shoot me an email.

[email protected]
Old 09-26-2007, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: #40Fan

Where are you located?? I am in Pueblo and I travel out east, about 45 miles and shoot the piss out of them. Getting a buttload of ammo loaded up this week for a weekend shoot. If you are wanting to go, shoot me an email.

[email protected]
Sent you an e-mail. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Colorado Prarie Dogs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.