Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Need Help

Old 08-23-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Need Help

How meany inches should i put a snare off the ground for a skunks head to go through
Old 08-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need Help

id say probably 2-5 cause they walk with there head low.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just wondering, wont it smell kind of bad if you snare a skunk? And what would you do with it?
Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 PM

I have to trap it becasue last night it sprayed inside my house and everything of mine and my family's smells like skunk. Not only did this Skunk use its spray, it used Sulfaric Urine whcih it uses before it sprays it's main defense attack, my mother vomited becasue the smell was to horrible, and my dogs got sprayed in the mouth and were foaming and vomiting also. Now, the trap I have set up was trail one. I got hundreds of sticks and peged them into the grass in my yard with the back of my hatchet. They were only 1 inch apart in a row and they are nice and sturdy. The row of sticks is about 3 feet long and each row (only 2 rows) is about a foot and a half wide apart from each other, and did I mention the sticks stand about 1 and half feet tall. At the end of the small path I put a piece of flat hardwood that creates a dead end in the path. Next I have a peg in the middle of the path that is extremely sturdy, and I use black colored coated thick wire and make a snare that is set in the middle of the path. At the very end of the path, I will put a food lure of some sort, like apples or bread. If im lucky, the Skunk should go into the path to get the food and get snared, and from a safe distance, I can use my bow to kill it. Yes there may be oder in the air when it gets snared or shot with arrows, but it will be nothing compared to what happened last night. So thats what im using to trap my Skunk that poisoned my dogs last night and destroyed our furniture and clothing with disgusting smell.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, gotcha.Well i can tell you that I know what it is like to have them living under your house and to have your dogs sprayed. No one in my family ever vomited, I guess it never got that bad. Anyway, best of luck to ya. Rember, they are mostly fur, their body is only about as big around as your fist.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:49 PM

your right, you do need help! i have read tons of your posts and responses, where do you come up with this stuff? really? I know your young and have a wild imagination, but dang dude you need to find someone local to mentor you on the outdoors. i am sure you are a good kid, and some real quality time with an experienced outdoorsman would do you some good.

brian

Old 08-23-2007, 05:02 PM

What are you talking about man, im not some baby wearing Pampers. Im 5'11 almost 6 feet tall and 14. I workout and im athletic. Im an outdoorsmen becasue I was never really interested in sports. Thisis not my imagination, im simply just trying to ask a question about Skunks, becasue I need help from people who have the answers foloowing my question about Skunks so I can stop them from envading my yard.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:06 PM

And dude I go to the woods everyday and hunt and do exaxtly what I say I do, why would I lie about something like that, I guess some people don't have common sense. I don't make stuff up, what happens happens. I come hear for questions to help me do what I love to do and stuff like that, and people reply in negative ways, a lot of things happen to me, I guess some poeple aren't used to that much drama in there lifes. I say if you don't have something nice to say, don'tsay it at all.............and I bet you within the next hour someone will read this and say something back negative.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:45 PM

why don't you go through some of your posts man and see how much u contradict yourself.....if you are so avid of an outdoorsman and careso much for nature, what about you saying in other posts you dont care about small game laws u just do your thing? or shooting nesting geese and eating them right there on the spot so u didn't have to go get a sandwich. taking the eggs of a federal migratory bird and eating them.? making a bow to hunt deer out of tent poles?Asking if your bow could kill wolves or humans?Making deer arrows out of dowel rods? any of this ring a bell?
U must live in a pretty cool place if you can go hunting small game everday!
Old 08-23-2007, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfWithBow

And dude I go to the woods everyday and hunt and do exaxtly what I say I do, why would I lie about something like that,
I say if you don't have something nice to say, don'tsay it at all.............and I bet you within the next hour someone will read this and say something back negative.
how many times do u respond to someones post with who cares?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.