Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

rabbit

Old 08-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: rabbit

it takes just as much skill to rifle hunt as it does to bow hunt. And I don't know anyone who uses rifles to hunt rabbit... down here we all use shotguns. And more than likely the rabbit is goin to come speeding by 5-20 feet beside you on a trail thats only a couple feet/yards wide. Tell me it doesnt take skill to shoot a rabbit in less than a second.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:11 PM

Aim Rifle/Shotgun, pull trigger, target dies.............. Raise bow, set arrow on string, draw back, hold, release.......way more to do than a gun
Old 08-24-2007, 12:23 AM

Sorry that you think that it is that simple. Maybe at a range that you can effectifly use a pellet gun. There is SO much more to shooting that that. Hmm, sight picture, breathing, steady position, trigger squeeze.
Lets see:

1) cycle bolt (sounds like set arrow on string) no skill involved for either
2) shoulder firearm (sounds alot like "raise bow" )
3) take aim ( i didn't see that one up there, but I am sure you have to do that too)
3)proper breath control and positionbefore the shot ( kinda like your hold)
4) SQUEEZE the trigger ( hmm, kind of like release the arrow) if you don't squeeze the trigger, and you jerk it, you will probably miss, or wound your game. I am sure that is similar to the fundamentals for releaseing your arrow. If you screw up one aspect of that, you might not hit your target, or just wound it.

Sounds like just about as many things that you have to do right with a rifle as a BOW. Don't confuse yourself into thinking that it is as easy as aim and pull the trigger. Ifit were that easy, there would be no missed shots with gun hunting, there would be no wounded or lost gameeither.
I knowthat there is a certain ammount of skill needed for bow hunting, as Iused to shoot alot of archery. However, I can say, there is just as much skill involved in rifle hunting too.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

who cares? and really its all the same but i got news for yah. guns have a cleaner kill even if its not a good shot. the bullet hits and creates shock wich almost always kills the animal on contact except big game cause they never give up.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:58 AM

Ok, I give up. But let me say one more thing, Primitive and the Oldways is not the lazy ways.......modern ways just is lazy.......you know thats true......deep down...... guns are quicker and betterbut they are just evolving, not like the old bow of our ancestors which has been around since the beggining of time like I already said. A bow is more primitive and is a great hunting tool if properlly placed in the hands of a man with the mind of not giving up, taking the hard way even if it means getting only one kill in one week. A deep, dark, weapon placed underneath rock , trees , metal , and time.........when you bring a modern whitemans weapon into the woods, the trees cry and everything goes bad becasue it's out of place and nature was disturbed, and when the amazingly and ridicuolosly loud bang and crack from a "metal projectile weapon" is echoed throughout the woods, it's a great distrubence. I can see Guns being used in Military since they are so affective and way more lethal than the bow, but thats when it in the city of Iraq or wherever the next war might be. But in the woods it affects the peacefullness of everything, it's so out of place if a gun is there. There ain't no metal in Nature, or the forest, there isn't a solid piece of steel lying in the dirt next to an Oak tree to be made into a gun. Would you try building a gun in a survival situation if all you have is a knife?. Basically if you don't understand me becasue ofyour anger your planning to use to protect guns and how better they are to bows, all im saying is bows have there better things about them than guns, and guns have better things then bows. But the one big difference is that one of those is primitive........and primitive ways aint no lazy.......
Old 08-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WolfWithBow

when you bring a modern whitemans weapon into the woods, the trees cry and everything goes bad becasue it's out of place and nature was disturbed, and when the amazingly and ridicuolosly loud bang and crack from a "metal projectile weapon" is echoed throughout the woods, it's a great distrubence.
Didn't your kindergarten teacher tell you your not suppose to eat the glue?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:30 PM

I don't know. I mean, maybe you know better since your in special ed class buddy[:-][:-]
Old 08-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

QUIET.

you guys better stop or youll both be banned. Know i had a question about a rabbit and i dont care about eating glue in kindergarten, or special ed ok i know youve answered as best you can but a lot of people visit this forum and who wants to join a forum where all the people do is argue. no i dont care who started it im finishing it. now can we all just be friends and you dont have to post yes. just agree to disagree about the gun bow issue ok. thank you.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

CALM DOWN Brod,

Try and breath a little. Nobody is bashing anyone and we arent going to get band for saying things like "eating glue" and "special-ed class".[8D] Its all in fun and games, try to lighten up a little. Now, I am sorry we got off your topic, but dont let it ruin your day. I'm not twelve, so please don't tell me to do something, your not my mommy

Old 08-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

ok sorry i went crazy but all the arguing is driving me crazy. i dont know why but almost everthing wolfwithbow does somebody dogs him. leave him alone hes a good guy, you can give constructive critisism, but dont make him get ANGRY. hes got som good info. some of its crazy but its mostly good. sorry i had to go off on you. i just dont want anybody to leave because they dont feel welcomed or dont feel they belong. please argue on your on threads not mine. thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: rabbit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.