Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

rabbit

Old 08-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: rabbit

will a 12.5# bow kill a rabbit at like 10 yards?

im gonna get'em in the morning.(or atleast try)
Old 08-17-2007, 08:16 PM

12.5#? You're kidding, right?
Old 08-17-2007, 08:57 PM

And I thought my draw weight was light, wow.............
Old 08-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

ive got a bigger bow thats just my minnie one.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:11 PM

I wouldn't use that to put down a rabbit at point blank. Your slingshot has more power.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

i set a snare there this morning to see if he still lives there. i was setting it and it started pouring down the rain. im still soaked.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

i checked my snare this morning........empty, but it did look like it had been moved so i reset it in a good spot so well see what happens. ill check it after school tommorow.[:'(]
Old 08-21-2007, 08:45 PM

USE A GUN
Old 08-22-2007, 12:51 PM

Guns are to easy. With guns you just pick the Rabbit off at 70 yards. With a cheap fiberglass bow and Carbon arrows with broadheads, try hitting them at 20 feet without spooking them. Oh and the arrows travel only about 95 MPH (with my new pinch-and-release) so it would be harder and the Rabbits could dodge the arrow. I say that is skill, not taking the lazy way out and nailing game at long range with some rifle. Im not saying anything bad about rifle hunters, it's just bowhunters like the old ways, the traditional ways that have been around longer than weapons of today. Much harder and you don't have to buy ammumition for it over and over again. It's a challenge, a game. I admit with a rifle it's easier and quicker with hunting but step back and try getting that Rabbit with a bow and arrow, much more fun and oh so qiuet.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know how yall hunt rabbit, but its different than I do. Me and my cousin use 6 beagles... our season starts in november and ends in march. We get to the hunting spot before the sun comes over the trees. The dogs need moisture to smell the rabbit (the dew on the ground). Rabbit are primarily nocturnal; the dogs can smell where the rabbit was that night. The dog will trail the rabbit, jump the rabbit, and then you kill the rabbit as you intercept it. If you miss the first time, just stay there. A rabbit ALWAYS makes a complete circle and comes back around.

Quick Reply: rabbit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.