Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Mini-!4

Old 08-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mini-!4

I am trying to justify buying a mini-14 and taking a yote with it sounds like good reasoning to me.

What do you guys think about a mini-14 with a scope in .223? I like the idea that it is semi auto and is basically an assault rifle. Now, I have an AR-15, Ak-47 I just want to complete the family. I guess I could hunt with my AR, but I don't really want to scope it, as it already has a reflex sight.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:07 PM

Default RE: Mini-!4

Sounds good, but it's kind of a wierd mix, I would use a heavy scope though. I don't even know what im talking about.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really object to "assualt rifle" tag-remember jim zumbo's remark?
That said,I cut my teeth on moving game(jackrabbits and yotes) with a mini 14 in az while going to gunsmithing school many moons ago. There are things more fun but I CANNOT imagine whatit would be.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:09 PM

If its not illegal where you are, whats the problem,do it and dont worry about what people think. I use an AR every chance I get and have a blast
Old 08-14-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Diggerr

If its not illegal where you are, whats the problem,do it and dont worry about what people think. I use an AR every chance I get and have a blast
I had just wondered if anyone had ever used a mini for yote hunting. Yeah, I had my eye on one for a little while so I think I'm going to get it.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mini 14s are spray an pray firearms. If you want to spend that kind of money on a gun that will more than likely never shoot better than 3-6" groups off a bench, go for it You have an AR15, thats what I would use.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:15 PM

Having owned a mini , I have to agree with the last guy .
Old 08-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rammer

Mini 14s are spray an pray firearms. If you want to spend that kind of money on a gun that will more than likely never shoot better than 3-6" groups off a bench, go for it You have an AR15, thats what I would use.
Got to go with Rammer on this one. Just get another upper for your AR. Tom.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rammer

I always thought they were semi accurate. If that is the case then I may go a totally different route i.e. remington bolt action 308 and scope it. I have an AK and believe me that thing is spray and pray. My AR is much more accurate than that the AK, but for $300 bucks I don't mind it being a toy. However, the mini with a good scope and rings would cost me close to $1,200. Hmm my eyes are opening. [8D]
Old 08-15-2007, 09:37 AM

Mini 14s aren't known for being accurate, I wouldn't trust good shot placement on a coyote, or even a hit at longer ranges. I had a guy shooting one next to me at the range and he was lucky when he got a hit on a 8" shoot-n-c target.

Quick Reply: Mini-!4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.