Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing >

Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing

Old 08-14-2007, 11:38 PM

Default RE: Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing

even though yoursposed to have a licence to hunt/kill/cull them, where i live the laws are not so strict, so they are sht often, i actualy almost got one with my bow but i missed.
who says i dont have a licence?
Umm you did.[&:]
Old 08-15-2007, 12:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

even though yoursposed to have a licence to hunt/kill/cull them, where i live the laws are not so strict, so they are sht often, i actualy almost got one with my bow but i missed.
who says i dont have a licence?
Umm you did.[&:]
No i diddnt, i mearly stated what happens regulary over her i never said "i myself dont have a game licence to hunt these animals" furthermore i said i can shoot without a firearms licence on private property, plus i diddnt even say that i intend to break australian laws.

Why would your head explode?
I just read it really fast, just a joke...

Was sort of wondering how you got it to withstand the high pressures.

The matirial it is made of withstands the pressures *im not quite sure on what your asking could you be a tad more specific?

When did where it was shotcome up?
im not exactly sure on the question could you please repaeat?

don't your SSS and S400 qualify as firearms under Australian law?
so far we are not entirly sure on what the laws state and are still waiting in reply for more detailed information.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:39 AM

ORIGINAL: iamdeathtodeer

When did where it was shotcome up?
You said "this roo was shot on private property"
No one had yet mentioned where the roo was shot or asked.
Just trying t cover your ass(in the nicest way possible)?

ORIGINAL:iamdeathtodeer

Was sort of wondering how you got it to withstand the high pressures
Like was it already 300 psi rated or was it like 160 and you did summat to stop it from bursting?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:19 AM

That's fine I was simly interperating what you had written. I thought it was somewhat strange that someone would break the law then post it on the internet.[&:][8D]
Old 08-15-2007, 09:00 PM

Who cares... the gun is AWSOME!. lol. About how much do you have in it? Im interested in making one. Thanks

Also... where do you get the supplies, can you get them at a local hardware store such as lowes?
Old 08-16-2007, 03:25 AM

That's fine I was simly interperating what you had written. I thought it was somewhat strange that someone would break the law then post it on the internet.[&:][8D]
lol, Ok kool as, and i have found out Kangaroos ( one of our national emblums ) are classed as verment on private land, so are allowed to be killed even witout a licence. (i did my research)
You said "this roo was shot on private property"
No one had yet mentioned where the roo was shot or asked.
Just trying t cover your ass(in the nicest way possible)?
It doesnt matter, i was allowed to, hell i would have been allowed to run after it throw rocks at it and stab it with a knife if i wanted/could do it. no need to cover my arse mate

Like was it already 300 psi rated or was it like 160 and you did summat to stop it from bursting?
I made this from scratch, bare matirials... when i made it i found the weakest part (the airline connections) maximal operating pressure
and deemed that the guns maximal operating pressure, but soon when i find a way to strengthen these parts i will surly be able to run 400psi+ witout a worry.
Who cares... the gun is AWSOME!. lol. About how much do you have in it? Im interested in making one. Thanks

Also... where do you get the supplies, can you get them at a local hardware store such as lowes?
Again thanx, the parts i used were "scrap" lol stainless steel from my works scrapyard.
i would think it to be possible to make it from parts gained from your local hardware store, perhaps sign up at
http://www.spudfiles.com and look around (dont forget to read forum rules to begin with)

all it comes down to is just a basic concept, i have no doubt you could make somthing similar/ish to what i have made

thnks for all the comments

Old 08-16-2007, 08:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Higgy15jh

In a nutshell, no. The iron and steel pipe that lowes sell is only rated to 150 psig. Now, while burst pressure is far greater than the rated pressure, what if you take it higher and have a defective part that can only handle the 150 advertised?
Find a store(use yellowbook) that sells hydraulic parts. They are much thinner, but much stronger. Plus, with hydraulic fittings you dont even have to weld it b/c the threads are also rated quite high.

Hey chaos, I'm hoping to build an over-under based on the kel-tec su-16, w/ the guns 'gas tube' as the chamber. I can get 9000 psi rated parts, so what do you think about heating pre-compressed 400 psi or so gas to increase pressure? Yeah I'm gonna need high temp o-rings but a propane torch should get pressure to at least 3000, right? Or I'll use co2, that has even greater heat expansion capabilities.

I'm gonna pressure test the whole thing to 10,000 with hydraulic oil first, though.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:28 PM

well i took a look at that website... it might as well have been in another language. lol. I did like looking at the pictures though.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:54 AM

Hey chaos, I'm hoping to build an over-under based on the kel-tec su-16, w/ the guns 'gas tube' as the chamber. I can get 9000 psi rated parts, so what do you think about heating pre-compressed 400 psi or so gas to increase pressure? Yeah I'm gonna need high temp o-rings but a propane torch should get pressure to at least 3000, right? Or I'll use co2, that has even greater heat expansion capabilities.
not the best of ideas, just make your parts/valse efficient so they work well and this will more than surfice for whatever you plan on doin.

heating gas is a very dangerous proceedure in which i would never do myselfbut if you do be f**king carfull.
800psi is more than enough to break 344m/s mark, but not typicly the sound barrier, heat must be generated to do that.

really these questions should be asked on spudfiles not here i do not hold all the answers and with people like JacksSmirkinRevenge on there your answers would come through.

getting Co2 or HPa soon, also cast a few more lead balls today, should hope for a good hunt next weekend.

I'm gonna pressure test the whole thing to 10,000 with hydraulic oil first, though.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:11 AM

ORIGINAL: DrchaosMD

not the best of ideas, just make your parts/valse efficient so they work well and this will more than surfice for whatever you plan on doin.

heating gas is a very dangerous proceedure in which i would never do myselfbut if you do be f**king carfull.
800psi is more than enough to break 344m/s mark, but not typicly the sound barrier, heat must be generated to do that.

really these questions should be asked on spudfiles not here i do not hold all the answers and with people like JacksSmirkinRevenge on there your answers would come through.

getting Co2 or HPa soon, also cast a few more lead balls today, should hope for a good hunt next weekend.

I know all that just felt like talking about my idea.
I'm going to build the gun, post on spudfiles, receive praise for a400 psi semiautomatic, and then start posting everyday. Then I'll ask about this.Meh, I'm gonna post rightnow. But please don't bring up this idea on spudfiles yetI dont want to get laughed off as a noob and the only way to prevent that is to have a gun than will take 660+ bar.
I'm going to start an ETC hybrid thread.

Quick Reply: Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.