Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing >

Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing

Old 08-14-2007, 12:54 AM

Default RE: Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing

shi.. 9:1 how fun, wat do ya use for a pressure source?... lol. im gettin CO2 soon.

well ive been thing bout making a new gun and perhaps a rifled barrel from a air rifle, or a tightbore barrel smaller calibre perhaps 10mm or 8mm.

OP removed the pics due to certain "issues" that may occur...

Old 08-14-2007, 01:40 AM

Umm, I thought Roo's were illegal to kill???
Old 08-14-2007, 03:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

Umm, I thought Roo's were illegal to kill???

ummm... yes.....
Old 08-14-2007, 03:15 AM

I gotta say, that is a pretty neat air gun you have built there.

As Far as the Roo's.... I though that I read that they were becomming overpopulated and Country wanted to have a large cull of the critters. Am I missing something here????

Old 08-14-2007, 04:59 AM

ORIGINAL: kdvollmer

I gotta say, that is a pretty neat air gun you have built there.

As Far as the Roo's.... I though that I read that they were becomming overpopulated and Country wanted to have a large cull of the critters. Am I missing something here????
no your pretty much on the money, even though your sposed to have a licence to hunt/kill/cull them, where i live the laws are not so strict, so they are sht often, i actualy almost got one with my bow but i missed.

btw thanks for the apreciation on the gun mate.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:43 AM

So if you did do this illegaly then why are you posting it on the internet??
Old 08-14-2007, 06:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

So if you did do this illegaly then why are you posting it on the internet??
who says i dont have a licence?
Old 08-14-2007, 06:31 AM

Ohhhhhhh f*ck.............I typed that on my PSP I meant 500 fps for the damn darts......**** now I'm gonna change it. 700 is out of paper towel wadding and airsoft bbs. 450ish for marblesand 400 with lead sinker(but it's about the same weight as the marble b/c it doesn't fit in the barrel and I use wadding to stop blow-by). I use a bike pump. I should start a new thread for my gun, yeah, and put it on spudfiles but I need batteries for the cheap camera. Oh yay I'm in FL and there's a hurricane coming!! I'm happy cause now I can get my Dad to pay for the batteries by calling them 'supplies' and it's a pretty small one just hope it dosnt go Wilma on us and destroy all the huntable land and get WMA's shut down.

Anyway like I said my air source is a bike pump. I have a ball valve that separates 1/9th of thechamber so it only fires that and slowly leaks in from one side for like 6 shots same power(as each other) and like 4 more that are weaker. Not quite semi cause I have to load by hand and it takes almost 15 seconds for it to equalize(the pressure in the tank and in the actual chamber). Strangely enough that mini-chamber that lets me get so many shots off w/ a 1/2:1 C:B ratio(yes you read right ...............unless you didnt) only drops velocity by about 50 fps. But if I'm in my room and want to nail a squirrel I use the whole tank b/c hey, it won't stick around if I miss, right? Try putting a cone on the end of your bolt(glued right to the nock) like ona blowgun dart and as you muzzleload it, twisting the bolt so the vanes all face in one direction(well by direction I meant clockwise or wounter-clockwise) it works like rifling when its shot, just amazing accuracy. You said you used a modified track pump, how did you modify it? Like I said before I want my first post to be one of my new guns(well theyre not built yet hmmmm....) so thats why I'm not going to the great files of spud. And no, it is not my chrono it is my local Bass Pro Shops's.

Nice roo, but you know there are animal rights activists that will use this to purport that hunters are lawless cause even I thought you didnt have a license until you outrightsaid you did....kinda vague for a while Chaos. Have you ever tried fitting mechanical broadheads onto your bolts? I dont have anything bigger than a squirrel to shoot right now so I just use field tips(plusourguns areshooting faster than Stryker Crossbows, broadheads might cut so cleanly that they pass through withouttransferring much energy). Hold on....I'm bout 120 fpe with the darts(200-grain).....**** I need to stop shooting in my room. Assuming a 57-grain marble you're at 86 fpe but a 300-grain bolt puts you at about(assuming 600 fps) 266 fpe...**** that's powerful!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 06:54 AM

wo wow woow.. slow down man breath in...breath out. lol reading that last bit nearly made my head explode

anyways back on topic, this roo was shot on private property, so no point trying to pin me for that, you americans have no idea (assuming most* of you are american) on our laws n **** over here, so dont go saying shi... bout it, hell i could go shooting with a proper firearm without a licence and not be caught for it.

modified track pump: stronger pump shaft, longer stroke, but as it now has a longer stroke it also has a narrower stroke making it easier to get to those higher pressures.

broadheads: yes i have tried them, they went straight through a hay bail and then my fence and still managed to travel another 50od meters. but as for mechanicle broadheads i am yet to try.

oh n yer you about right on thos energy figuers, there close enough anyways.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:10 AM

You want to break Australian law, I don't f*cking care. Just that AMERICAN animal righters(God bless their souls...b/c we all know that they are going to hell, right?) willhave the same misconceptions. When did where it was shotcome up? Umm, from what I've read on spudfiles(and I may be wrong), don't your SSS and S400 qualify as firearms under Australian law?

Was sort of wondering how you got it to withstand the high pressures.

Oh crap I was gonna use broadheads and all my testng is done in my room. Thank God I didnt.

Why would your head explode?

Quick Reply: Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.