Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

WIERD NATURE MOMENTS.......

Old 08-06-2007, 04:36 PM

Default WIERD NATURE MOMENTS.......

Say your hunting Squirrel with your light bow, rifle, or slingshot. You come across two mating squirrels, thet are distracted, is this an oppurtunity ( mostly for slingshot or bowhunters) to get close to them and pick one off, or actually both of them? I don't know if this would be considered interrfering with nature......or anything, but has this happened to anyone. Or any other game you have hunted has this happened. I tell ya if I was the male squirrel I would still keep doin what i was doin if i saw a boy with a small bow pointing an arrow at me. Nah im just playing thats nasty.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:22 PM

Default RE: WIERD NATURE MOMENTS.......

wait till its over then shoot. lol you got to much time on your hands thinking of wierd stuff like that. lol
Old 08-07-2007, 02:06 PM

Today I shot(with a slingshot)a grackle in my yard and the rock passed through aleaf which slowed it down to like 100 fps and the bird dodged it.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: iamdeathtodeer

Today I shot(with a slingshot)a grackle in my yard and the rock passed through aleaf which slowed it down to like 100 fps and the bird dodged it.
Whats a grackle
Old 08-07-2007, 08:00 PM

A grackle is a bird that is the approximate size, shape, and color off a crow. It just .................isn't.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:44 PM

I was wondrin about that myself... thanks for the clarification
Old 08-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

grackles also if look at em at the angle their heads shine kinda greenish
Old 08-08-2007, 04:31 PM

Down here(Florida) gracckle heads are black/ dark purple/ mallard duck neck green. Well, theyre black, that's the head's color. Today I saw a squirrel lifting it's leg to urinate like a male dog. And when I shot at it a grackle flew up from the othe side of my yard. I hit the squirrel but it was a tiny rock so it didnt kill it. My main supply of rocks is from my neighbor's pond and I haven't jumped the fence in a while. I need to get to Wal-Mart to get some ammo. Or BPS I'm going there this weekend to shoot my bow.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:34 PM

Hey I used to live in Florida, actually Jacksonville for 8 years, but I didn't hunt back then. And I would reccommend getting those slingshot hunting pellets, I use rocks but sometimes when im only 12 feet away from a Cottontail Rabbit, all it does is stun thierbody ( which I try to get a headshot, which rarely happens) and they run off into the bush. I don't like doing this because it wounds them and when I come back the stunned Rabbit is lying in the grass, half alive andnot capable of moving,then comes my dirty part of the job, which is to snap the Rabbits neck. Thats why I purchase the steel slingshot rounds and those fly correctly and pack more of a punch. The only clean kill I have made with a slingshot firing rocks was about 4 weeks ago, I got about 16 feet away from a big Cottontail, I was with my buddys, and they help me herd the Rabbit closer to me, and I nailed it in the head. Instant kill, fractured skull. I still got the hide.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:54 PM

Cool, I like shooting a slingshot, but have only shot rocks with little luck in the accuracy department. But soon will get the ammo for em to try out.

Quick Reply: WIERD NATURE MOMENTS.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.