Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

WIERD NATURE MOMENTS.......

Old 08-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Default RE: WIERD NATURE MOMENTS.......

I was imagining my Ex's face on my targets and was shooting 2" groups w/ rocks LOL. I got the slingshot ammo today, 3/8". I got new arrows too yay and my dad paid not me!!! I still have to practice with the slingshot today.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:48 PM

haha lol, your ex's face, I just broke up with my girlfriend becasue she left to visit her granparents the whole summer and I haven't seen her in like two months, so I told her it was over. Anyway, Im about to go pick up some broadheads and a couple arrows at walmart or something. I will try to put a picture of me holding a dead rabbit, next time I go hunting, hopefully with my new broadheads.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:50 PM

DeathDeer- How fast do the arrows on your 40# bow go? Mine are slow, in archery terms, only go up to 75-85 MPH. Im going to but a cheap 45# bow for only $32.00 on some website. It's made of fiberglass, but oh well im gonna hunt deer with it.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:05 PM

45#, eh? Well, the problem is that, at that price its probably a traditional bow. Nothing wrong with that it's just that to shoot 200-210 fps(minimum for deer) you need to pull around 60#. Mine is a compound so at 40# it does nearer 240 fps. It's a Bear Odyssey 2 the sets $300 buy the heavier -draw one I shouldn't have gotten the lighter one oh well. The heavier at 50# witha good bh setup should be like 260 fps.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:45 PM

Oh, but traditional bows shoot slower than compounds, so my bows ok though. I don't believe an animal can dodge that speed of an arrow (90 FPS) at close range (15-20 feet) but any further than that they probally could. I think im safe as long as it doesn't go below 80 FPS, a slingshot goes about the same speed as my bow. Thats all my bow can do but it's not a reallybad speedbut not good of a speed, right? 30# bows are suppost to go that fast most likely, and im not looking into deer hunting because I like the fun of small game hunting. Not only that, small game hunting is easier to me and taste great, and is much easier to deal with. I thought when you said your draw weight was 40# I thought you meant on a traditional bow like mine. A 180 FPS arrow is only traveling at 122 MPH, so my bow is kind of close to that in a way. This bow im talking about (the 180 FPS) is a longbow with a 60# draw wieght.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:21 PM

Never hunted with a sling shot, Im open to it Ill try anything once
Old 08-12-2007, 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: lil hammer

grackles also if look at em at the angle their heads shine kinda greenish
I've never heard of a grackle before; but just yesterday what I saw beleived to be a crow landed in a tree right outside my window and I noticed agreen shine on it's neck area. How do you tellgrackles and crows apart from a distance; where you can't see the shine?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:44 AM

Crows are bigger. Also, grackles tend to be city birds, while you can find crows a thousand miles from civilization.