HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Slingshot Hunters???? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/200763-slingshot-hunters.html)

WolfWithBow 08-05-2007 06:27 PM

Slingshot Hunters????

Hey. Anyone hunt with a slingshot? I do and I harvest Rabbits, Birds, and Squirrels. I use steel 100 pack hunting pellets which work wonders, or rocks which are cheaper:D. The slingshot isn't as good as the bow, but it's a great small game hunting weapon and its small and compact. And also does anyone elso hunt with a 30# bow like I do. I kill Rabbits with it, along with Geese, Ducks, Birds, Squirrels, and chipmunks. I love my small but deadly weapons and they provide food and fun.

iamdeathtodeer 08-05-2007 07:45 PM

RE: Slingshot Hunters????

Hi I slingshot birds and squirrels in my yard b/c they threaten our mango crop(LOL there are only 3 trees). Nah I shoot 40#. When I was visiting my family in India I tried shooting starlings but I didnt even come close. 150 foot trees:(. I was gonna shoot a chicken but I didnt they were domestic so it wouldnt be very sporting.

WolfWithBow 08-05-2007 08:20 PM

That is cool DeathToDeer. Slingshots are primitive weapons which I love hunting with.

iamdeathtodeer 08-06-2007 08:15 AM

Well I wouldn't call a powerline "primitive" but it's far more satisfying to see that a rock has shot through both sides of a Home Depot bucket than it is to see .223 remington demolish a tin can. They're really awesome, and strangely enoough are considered guns by the state of Florida(not firearms just guns). Then again anything that propels a projectile is a gun(OMG!!!!Lightbulbs shoot photons!!! Theyre guns!!!LOL). Any way I have only dropped one squirrel b/c I live in the suburbs and dont want to shoot over the fence. How old are you, Wolf? You dont have to answer if you feel uncomfortable, I was just wondering cause you said you only draw 30#. I shoot pretty light, 40# like I said but that's cause I'm 14.

TheformerLives 08-06-2007 01:07 PM

I used to use a slingshot in my yard. Loaded it with marbles because they're cheaper then brand name hunting pellets. Used to kill rabbits just by nicking 'em in the head. I was actually pretty accurate...then I replaced my slingshot with a 1000fps pellet gun and haven't looked back.

Jome1 08-06-2007 01:42 PM

I have always wanted to.

WolfWithBow 08-06-2007 02:59 PM

I to am only 14 years old but I can pull 70#. The only reasonI pull a 30# because it is light butperfect for small game hunting and compact, which I want. It's only 50" long but is made of fiberglass, but I covered it with brown tee-shirt straps for limbskins (pretty sad). Some people I know that never shot a bow or never ownedone, have said that my bow, and other 30-35# bows are Panzi, or weak and not lethal. But I say it is lethal, and shure can kill small animals and humans. I say as long as a bow can kill, it is not panzi. What do you guys think?

iamdeathtodeer 08-06-2007 03:44 PM

WTFH? On every forum I have a clone! On theopia.com its Salty and modderx, here its you, wolfwithbow. I too can pull 70# but I shoot 40 b/c its fast enough to kill deer(its a compound) but I can hold it forever. Im gonna practice my slingshot now.

WolfWithBow 08-07-2007 03:03 PM

a clone. lol. yeah we are kinda the same. today i was trying to hunt ( i made no kills today i wasnt in mood) and I spotted a Doe near me it was feeding and the wind was still. I got scared cuz i thought it was a bum so i raised my slingshot it nailed it in the shoulder, from like50 feet away. it just leaped up and sprinted as fast as it could. Slingshot only stunned it. Well it didn't hear me fire so i guess you can even use slow bows at that distance, all it takes is stealth.

iamdeathtodeer 08-08-2007 04:55 PM

Yer but you cant just take potshots like that with a bow. Slower bows w/o broadheads will penetrate but they will only wound it and thats mean.
The slingshots okay cuz it obviously wouldnt hurt it, but still...........