HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   armadilas (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/198387-armadilas.html)

Crat32 07-19-2007 09:53 PM

armadilas

how in the hell do i kill this dam thangs. digen up my my yard

squirrelkilla23 07-19-2007 10:36 PM

RE: armadilas

shoot them i guess? i dont have armadillos here but shootin always worked for my problem pests

travis_E 07-20-2007 12:36 PM

funny you should ask. I live in a housing development in FL and they dig up our yard. me and my brother in law whacked one in the head with a shovel and finished it off with my 10/22. also we have shot them with our bows in the back yard. I know our neighbors are thinkin THEM CRAZY HILLBILLYS FROM WV ARE AT IT AGAIN! but hey dont dig up our yard and we wont kill you. haha

jghoffman12 07-20-2007 01:17 PM

i'm thinking land mines or grenades would be great just to get your point across!

Chris_H 07-23-2007 07:57 AM

armadillos are everywhere on my property... a .22 seems underpowered unless for the infamous headshot. I shot a dillo earlier this year with my .22, and it took three vitals shots to bring him down, and another to finish him off. I'd prefer the'ol .223; easy to bring close up as well as long ranges. I wish I had a picture of the dillo I took, but the winchester 45gr. JHP varmint rounds are NASTY. One shot from about 12 yds. put a fist-sized entry hole in him and strung his vitals out. 'nuff said.

Jim_IV 07-23-2007 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

armadillos are everywhere on my property... a .22 seems underpowered unless for the infamous headshot. I shot a dillo earlier this year with my .22, and it took three vitals shots to bring him down, and another to finish him off. I'd prefer the'ol .223; easy to bring close up as well as long ranges. I wish I had a picture of the dillo I took, but the winchester 45gr. JHP varmint rounds are NASTY. One shot from about 12 yds. put a fist-sized entry hole in him and strung his vitals out. 'nuff said.
i think that might be a little overkill there champ. just shoot them with a .22 or beat them with a heavy object. either one works and if you shoot them with a .22 and it doesnt kill them then they will run off and die. then you dont have to get rid of them. did you know you can trap them and get $100 for them. thats a joke by the way, it was on another thread.

squirrelkilla23 07-23-2007 02:21 PM

lol, yea i remember that thread.

"what's he want with a bunch of dead armadillos if he breeds them?" :D

the bees knees 07-23-2007 03:40 PM

Same way we try to kill them coons, night vision and a bow, or a 22. doesnt matter which. We could put out some cabbage for them herbivores...instead of shrimp.
Remember this big bastard?

skidder 07-25-2007 07:47 AM

that is a huge racoon....

Crat32 07-25-2007 08:53 AM

Me and my buddy The bees knees shot that coon whith our bows at like 3 in the morning.