Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

armadilas

Old 07-19-2007, 09:53 PM

Default armadilas

how in the hell do i kill this dam thangs. digen up my my yard
Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: armadilas

shoot them i guess? i dont have armadillos here but shootin always worked for my problem pests
Old 07-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Spike

funny you should ask. I live in a housing development in FL and they dig up our yard. me and my brother in law whacked one in the head with a shovel and finished it off with my 10/22. also we have shot them with our bows in the back yard. I know our neighbors are thinkin THEM CRAZY HILLBILLYS FROM WV ARE AT IT AGAIN! but hey dont dig up our yard and we wont kill you. haha
Old 07-20-2007, 01:17 PM

i'm thinking land mines or grenades would be great just to get your point across!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

armadillos are everywhere on my property... a .22 seems underpowered unless for the infamous headshot. I shot a dillo earlier this year with my .22, and it took three vitals shots to bring him down, and another to finish him off. I'd prefer the'ol .223; easy to bring close up as well as long ranges. I wish I had a picture of the dillo I took, but the winchester 45gr. JHP varmint rounds are NASTY. One shot from about 12 yds. put a fist-sized entry hole in him and strung his vitals out. 'nuff said.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

armadillos are everywhere on my property... a .22 seems underpowered unless for the infamous headshot. I shot a dillo earlier this year with my .22, and it took three vitals shots to bring him down, and another to finish him off. I'd prefer the'ol .223; easy to bring close up as well as long ranges. I wish I had a picture of the dillo I took, but the winchester 45gr. JHP varmint rounds are NASTY. One shot from about 12 yds. put a fist-sized entry hole in him and strung his vitals out. 'nuff said.
i think that might be a little overkill there champ. just shoot them with a .22 or beat them with a heavy object. either one works and if you shoot them with a .22 and it doesnt kill them then they will run off and die. then you dont have to get rid of them. did you know you can trap them and get $100 for them. thats a joke by the way, it was on another thread.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol, yea i remember that thread.

"what's he want with a bunch of dead armadillos if he breeds them?"
Old 07-23-2007, 03:40 PM

Same way we try to kill them coons, night vision and a bow, or a 22. doesnt matter which. We could put out some cabbage for them herbivores...instead of shrimp.
Remember this big bastard?

Old 07-25-2007, 07:47 AM

that is a huge racoon....
Old 07-25-2007, 08:53 AM

Me and my buddy The bees knees shot that coon whith our bows at like 3 in the morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.