Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Ever been sprayed?

Old 05-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ever been sprayed?

I was wondering as I drove by a skunk and my mom commented on how much she liked the smell; how many of you know the true burning smell of a skunk spray at close range? This isnt the passing glance you get from the car...
Old 05-25-2007, 04:39 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ever been sprayed?

More than once. Trapping and running coon hounds it is inevitable. I have been kicked out of the house by mom, sent home from school and sent home from work because of the little beasts.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been very close a few times
Old 05-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

A few years ago, a guy I work with had said how he always wanted a skunk mount. Well I had been live trappoing coons around my house and relocating them. One night I caught a skunk. So I called him and asked him if he wanted it. He said sure let it out of the trap shoot it and seal it in a 5 gal bucket on ice and bring it to work. So that is what I did. We took it around the back of the building and opened the bucket. It is a whole different ODOR when it is that concentrated and that close. My eyes and nose burned and it was hard to breathe for a few seconds. After the initial shock we had a good laugh over it. But he didn't get his mounted skunk.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:18 PM

How bout twice in one morning? My Dad and I were checking traps and we had two of them in one morning. They both sprayed and the wind and the high grass got it all over us. We put them in a garbage bag and dad threw them in the back of our new station wagon. We promptly drove to the fur buyer, took our $15 check to the bank, and sashayed across the street to the bakery for fresh donuts.

I can't understand why no one would stand close to us. Do I need to mention Mom and Dad had a big fight about the skunk perfume in the new car???
Old 05-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive had to wipe it off of my glasses. Ya learn to not hate it so much.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:49 PM

Not me. I don't intend to either.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Spike

I got a face full bailing hay in high school, Skunk got caught in the bailer and as I picked up the bail to stack it on the wagon, squirt,...then fell right off the wagon.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:44 PM

Been sprayed my fair share. Like Mez ive been kicked out of many places. Must say its a handy way to go back trapping during school tho.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:59 AM

i had one spray my dog about 50 foot from the house the house stunk for weeks

Quick Reply: Ever been sprayed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.