Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Lookin to buy a bluetick pup

Old 04-19-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Lookin to buy a bluetick pup

Hey I'm lookin to buy a bluetick pup this summer. I was just curious if anyone was plannin to have a litter, or if you know where to look to get a good dog? Thanks ya'll
Old 04-20-2007, 06:43 AM

Default RE: Lookin to buy a bluetick pup

I am going to be breeding my Blue tick Male to my Bluetick/Plott cross female at some point this summer - probably closer to the end of summer though. Probably a little late if you wanted to try and get enough general training in before season so you good at least get the pup in the woods at night during season with another dog to just show it the ropes. Not enough time to even have the dog ready for hunting by itself if you got a pup now. You do not want to rush a new pup that is the number one reason a pup burns out and never really turns into a good dog. Training a pup to be a good dog is all about patients. Let me know if you will be interested and I will make sure I get your info so I can contact you when I do have pups. They go quick around here.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:27 AM

try the dog section.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of dog?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 PM

bluetick hound
Old 04-23-2007, 10:26 PM

ORIGINAL: jhoffman

I am going to be breeding my Blue tick Male to my Bluetick/Plott cross female at some point this summer - probably closer to the end of summer though. Probably a little late if you wanted to try and get enough general training in before season so you good at least get the pup in the woods at night during season with another dog to just show it the ropes. Not enough time to even have the dog ready for hunting by itself if you got a pup now. You do not want to rush a new pup that is the number one reason a pup burns out and never really turns into a good dog. Training a pup to be a good dog is all about patients. Let me know if you will be interested and I will make sure I get your info so I can contact you when I do have pups. They go quick around here.
yah bud, i would be interested, you say the end of the summer, around when are you plannin to breed? Just let me know, that would be great.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:23 AM

I am probably going to be breeding them in the next 1 1/2 to 2 months. Are you looking to use them on Coon, Bear, or Cat. I have thme going pretty good on cooon but the two females are naturals on Cat. Man they were treeing the barn cats ever since they were pups and I took them out in PA once and they put up a bobcat and the only training they had formaly was on coon and those barn cats. My male is a straight up coon dog though.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: jhoffman

I am probably going to be breeding them in the next 1 1/2 to 2 months. Are you looking to use them on Coon, Bear, or Cat. I have thme going pretty good on cooon but the two females are naturals on Cat. Man they were treeing the barn cats ever since they were pups and I took them out in PA once and they put up a bobcat and the only training they had formaly was on coon and those barn cats. My male is a straight up coon dog though.
Sounds like you got some pretty good dogs bud. That might be a little late for me bc i was plannin on gettin my pup during the beginning of august. Im lookin for a coon dog, but i will keep in touch with you to let you know, also, let me know if you decide to breed earlier. Thanks for your quick replys and the interest.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:39 AM
Spike

try www.coondawgs.com