Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

what is this ???

Old 05-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what is this ???

I thought a house cat were just that, "House Cat" as in kept in the house???
Old 05-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

either a young bobcat or a kitty livin on the wild side put some meow mix by the game camera see what happends lol
Old 06-05-2007, 06:14 PM

My first impression was a domestic house cat, but the hair on it's back looks more of a bobcat's.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I can not see it's nose due to the date and all. However when I look at it's cheeks I see no tuffs at all. Also the fact it's ears look a little rounded tells me it is a house cat.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:25 AM

Ummmmm Guys, That is a GREY FOX!!!!

Which by the way is a member of the cat family, not the dog family. It is not a true fox. It has retractable claws, climbs trees, etc.

Really, I am not pulling your chain.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dryridge

Ummmmm Guys, That is a GREY FOX!!!!

Which by the way is a member of the cat family, not the dog family. It is not a true fox. It has retractable claws, climbs trees, etc.

Really, I am not pulling your chain.

there is no way that is a fox. look how rounded its face is. this is a grey fox

Old 06-14-2007, 04:00 PM

Yes Bigjim, That is a grey fox and so is this, only a young one, and that is an older one in your pic. You have to imagine looking at the same angle with a hellacious flash.Note the coloration of the head grey chg to brown, the dark lines from the corner of the eyes down the side of the nose. Light color from eyes to dark line. The young one in this pic has short ears because it is young and has a summer coat. Yours is more red w/its winter coat and the hair is longer. We can't see the nose in this pic or it would end of story. You said to "look at how round the face is....we can't see how round the face is for the date inprint. I am telling your guys, Ihunt fox's and cats, as well as trap them This is a GREY FOX. Find a black and white pic or low color one and a night photo of one and lets compare.

OK. I found one quick like but notice the ears in the photo I added, look at the dark lines. Look at the coloration.
Now look at the eyes of the original...Those are NOT cat eyes. they have round pupils. Sorry, But I know this is fox guys. No doubt about it. Just cut the nose off the the other and look.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry man I still say bobcat
Old 06-15-2007, 11:45 AM

Furgitter, no need to be sorry man.
I just don't see any sign that tells me this IS a bobcat so therefore, I look at what i DO see. I see solid grey hair w/black tips all over this critter. I see no spots, no black rings around the eyes. The face it narrowing very fast, not wide like a cat. In the bottom right of what we can see in the animal in ?? I see what appears to me like a tail root...for a big tail. A bobs tail wouldn't stick out to the side, it would sit on it. There is no white in this photo at all. A bob is about half white. The ears are all we really have and they aren't much help because they are pulled back somewhat.
To ME..I see a Greyfox. I see lots of things that indicate that it IS. None that it ISN'T

We have tons of greys here in WV and I see them weekly or more. I see a few bobs a year as well. I have only seen one that was dark grey but it had spots as well. Both have a reddish brown color on them so that is out. When "I" add up the facts of what I see, the sum is greyfox.

Someone post a pic of a bob with all grey, black tipped hair and no spots as well as a skinny nose and a tailroot and I will make it unanimous. Till then, sorry, but the jury is gonna stay hung....LOL!!!

Heck, its more fun when we have think it all out anyway. Now, someone just prove me wrong and I will agree.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:55 PM

Have you guys ever seen a domestic cat with a white patch and black stripe on the back of his ears? All bobcats have that marking on there ears. (at least out here in the west) Thats a bobcat!!!! It might be a young one but it's a bcat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.