Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Spring & Summer for Coyotes?

Old 03-23-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Spring & Summer for Coyotes?

I have always hunted coyotes in the hard winter here in southeastern Ohio. My buddy and I have decided to stay at it all Spring and Summer. Just can't leave them alone!! We are figuring on the action to get hot after the fawns are born and the litters need feeding.

Anyone have any input on success rates in Spring and Summer?
Your opinions on morning or evening hunts would be appreciated.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spring & Summer for Coyotes?

They will be easy to kill, especiall when mommy is out hunting for the litter. Pick 'em off one at a time, and they'll weigh all of 15lbs......
Old 03-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting spring and summer is your choice and being ridiculed for doing so should just be ignored. Hunt them as you please.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:26 PM

Go for it. They'll be smaller and not have a pretty winter coat but its to fun to wait untill winter to roll back around. lol good luck.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:58 PM

By the way guys.....I'm hunting in the Spring and Summer to try to cut down on how many fawns they will get this year. Hoping for Mom and Pop as they try to feed the litter. They are kicking the heck out of our fawns here in southeastern Ohio every year!!!! Also, trail camera guys have shown me photos of coyotes with turkey eggs in their mouth at night. I am also an avid deer and turkey hunter.Later in the summer when the pups start answering calls....I plan to get every one of them that I can. Not concerned about size or quality of fur.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tear em up! We need more folks like you that hunt more than 9 days a year.So many people just want to hunt deer,and complain that someone should do something about the yotes.You are doing something about it.My hats off to ya!
Old 03-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rammer

They will be easy to kill, especiall when mommy is out hunting for the litter. Pick 'em off one at a time, and they'll weigh all of 15lbs......
Mabye Rammer should change his name to Butt-Rammer.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Youre just jealous that his avtar is better than yours.LOL
Old 03-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

And he kills more coyotes than you and most of us on here!
Andrew, IMO.,that comment was uncalled for![:'(]
Old 03-28-2007, 06:34 PM

after fawns are born, use that fawn in distress call and the yotes will come in like crazy,
careful on how many you kill though, it will make a huge impact on the population, i hunted spring and summer rabbits in our woods and no there is hardly any out there, your choice though, im not gonna judge you

Quick Reply: Spring & Summer for Coyotes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.