Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

New way to yote Hunt

Old 03-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New way to yote Hunt

county has already placed a bounty on yotes. We have lot at least 6 to 8 head of cattle this winter to them and thats just a small percent to every one else around us. Im not stirring up anything it was just a plan that might work. I've been trying to get out there since i put up the post and I just haven't had time. Once i do I'll let you know.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck Hog killer.. personally I shoot every coyote I can. I do suggest using buck shot. You'll be able to hit a lot more with more pellets
Old 03-09-2007, 12:41 PM

take the plug out to hog. use 4 buck and dont miss[8D][8D][8D]. we shoot them any way we can. we had a deer yard and in one week the bloody yotes killed 13 deer. good luck and hope ya get im all. tell us how you do.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: furgitter

Id use buckshot and bring a couple of friends.The only good coyote is a dead one.
Couldn't have said it any better!
Old 03-09-2007, 05:51 PM

i dont want them all gone because i love coyote hunting...but around here in many places in upstate newyork the packs a are getting way to big for there own good...here they get in big packs and they fear less and less of anything as the packs get larger...not far from my place just a few weeks a ago a pack of 5 yotes ran up on a cross country skier and killed both his full grown labradors...andhe tried scaring them off by hitting them and such and that didnt stop them from taking out his 2 dogs...

Old 03-09-2007, 07:03 PM

In MY (not yours so dont give me crap about it) opinion there is nothing good about coyotes. They eat small game, kill a lot of the deer that dont make it through the winter, and when they start gettin away with stuff they get braver as previosly mentioned by foxracer. There is absolutley nothing good about these blasted things so we kill every one of them that we can. just my opinion so dont bash it. i think that this guy is a genius really. the only thing i can suggest is posting a couple guys on each side and have the guy in the middle throw a pack of firecrackers in the hole and just shoot anything that comes out. and heck if they aint to tore up sell em for a little bit of money.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:18 PM

I have to agree with alsagr's response. The latest study in Pennsylvania revealed that a mature coyote will kill 5 adult deer per year and it will take over 15 fawns to feed the new litter. Also, guys have been getting night photos with those fancy trail cameras of coyotes walking with turkey eggs in their mouth. Here in Ohio, we are seeingmore and moredoes with no fawns or just one. Our annual turkey hatch is suffering. Just something to think about...........
Old 03-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

their gonna be running fast you may opt for shot rather than slugs. id use some pheasant loads with #2's or BB shot. again I agree with the others this aint really hunting but if ya need to rid the property of yotes for pest reasons then this method is actually practical. then to keep the yotes off the property you might get rid of the junk pile. Besides only hill billys keep piles of trash on their property.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck Shot all the way! I'll come help if you want We had to gas them two springs ago due to all the holes they made that tore up my grandpa's farm equipment NOT CHEAP!!!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

i hate when people shoot animals just for the sole idea that "they kill game animals" yotes to deer, fox to pheasants ect. its stupid. everything has its place, even evil deer killing yotes.its better that the weaker deer die off early anyways. we need these predators around too.its the same crap w/fox...."oh no they kill and eat pheasants, so i will shoot everyone i see." i hear it all the time

Quick Reply: New way to yote Hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.