Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

missed two!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default missed two!

Well this Sun I went out yote hunting. I called in 3 within the first hour. I missed 2. I saw a silver looking yote. Bigger than normal yotes. Is their another breed of yote I think their called Silvertips I'm not sure though. He was paired with a female. He dwarfed her. He was gorgeous, but I missed. I thought my scope was off. The the prairie dog at 200 yds says different.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: missed two!

well at least you can call umm up....what gun ya using??
Old 02-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using a new .204 Rem 700. I called them in with yote yelps and howls cause the breeding and their pairing up, so their pretty territorial right now. They all came into the call within 5-10 min. I'm hunting in CO on base. There are so many Yotes out here in crazy. I've seen packs of 8-10 run in front of my truck.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:37 PM

Well its hard telling what happened, i know from experience that when that adrenaline starts pumping you tend to do things you dont intend to ex: flinch, shake, not being patient and taking to far of shots. There is alot of factors that can go on. but at lease like buckstomper said at least you can call them and i bet it was fun anyways, am i right??!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

No words can explain. I'm a hardcore hunter. I've it I'm addicted. But when you see the yotes bouncing through the grass coming at ya. Nothing gets my heart racing more. I love it. The silver yotes has anyone heard of them before. I called my uncle and he said their is another breed, and they are bigger and their usually in Canada, MT, ect. Anyone?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

There are no other breeds of coyote besides ol' Canis latrans. Your uncle may be referring to Gray Wolves, lol..
Old 02-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

No I know wolfs I grew up in northen WI. I've seen two missed both lol. They seemed bigger. Their coats were silver and black. Maybe their furred out better I don't know. But when not if. I'm gonna mount it!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

What base in Colorado are you hunting at?

Old 02-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ft Carson. Lots of wildlife. Just saw 3 mulie bucks on post two lost their horns. There are so many yotes it's unreal. I see 10 or so everytime I go out. That's includingdriving out to my hunting spots. Right now I'm concentrating on a river bottom. Tracks everywhere!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer nuts.. when you missed the coyotes where they moving? How far off were they?

Quick Reply: missed two!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.