HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Mushrooms (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/181611-mushrooms.html)

Roadkillwarrior 02-21-2007 05:36 PM

Mushrooms

Here in this part of Indiana theBlack morrelsstart popping up around the last week of March, but there seems to be less and less of them in my secret spots every year, is anyone else haveing this problem? I think the blacks and grays have a better taste than the yellows. I like finding those big yellows but would rather have the smaller blacks and grays. Which do you prefer?

metaldonnieg 02-21-2007 05:47 PM

RE: Mushrooms

I don't have a clue what your talking about, got some more detail?

Roadkillwarrior 02-21-2007 05:52 PM

metaldonnieg-

You havent heard of mushroom hunting, or do you not know what morrels are. What state do you live in, because that might explain alot.

metaldonnieg 02-21-2007 06:03 PM

i live in mississippi and i've heard of neither

matters 02-21-2007 06:06 PM

I love mushroom hunting. We don't start seeing them here until about the second week of April I find alot more of the blacks and grays but the big yellow ones are my favorites. I like the floured and fryed in butter and the put on a sandwich with a little mustard there is no finer eating than this. Well a little fresh turkey breast goes well with them also.

Roadkillwarrior 02-21-2007 06:11 PM

metaldonnieg
Well, I guess all I can tell you is that your missing out on some good eating and good fun.-lol You go out in the woods and go slow and you will try and find a mushroom pertruding through the leaves, usualy around decaying logs or dead standing trees are another good spot. I guess mushrooms dont grow down there or you would probably be like everyone I know around here, crazy for them. I hope there are some woods combing, leaf turning, mushroom hunters on here.

chuckclear2000 02-21-2007 06:12 PM

morels are great!! It's easy to get distracted during spring gobbler season when I run into Morels!! I almost forget I went into the woods to hunt turkey not topick morels!

jake smith09 02-21-2007 06:13 PM

I go out a little bit every year but havent researched much on it to know enough of what im doing. Where is good places to look for mushrooms. They grow in damp shaded places... Right? Thanks

metaldonnieg 02-21-2007 06:21 PM

we have tons of mushrooms here but i never even thought about eating them.

i don't even eat store bought or restaurant served mushrooms anyway. it's mostly psychological in the fact that they are considered a fungus and so is athletes foot so y'know...

fingerz42 02-21-2007 07:17 PM

Anybody got any 'shrooms man?