Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Trapping has been bothering me......

Old 01-30-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Trapping has been bothering me......

Lately, when I see trapping photos or stories, I find myself feeling sorry for the animals being trapped. I don't understand this because I could and have shot a coyote in a heartbeat. I just don't like the thought of them being in a trap for several hours or overnight. Also the thought of them seeing me or the trapper approach, while they can't run ishard for me to swallow as well. Am I a wimp or what??? I have nothing against it whatsoever, I just don't think I could do it myself. Maybe I'm going soft in my middle age???? Like I said, I can shoot an animal with a gun or bow with no problem, I'm just wondering why this has been bugging me?
Old 01-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trapping has been bothering me......

In the bowhunting forum????
Old 01-30-2007, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: jnrbronc

Its the latest trend....
Old 01-30-2007, 10:10 PM

Sorry pal, where shouldI have put it, I was looking for opinions, not smart remarks.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BerwindaleBoy

Lately, when I see trapping photos or stories, I find myself feeling sorry for the animals being trapped. I don't understand this because I could shoot a coyote in a heartbeat. I just don't like the thought of them being in a trap for several hours or overnight. Also the thought of them seeing me or the trapper approach, while they can't run or flee, knowing the end is near is hard for me to swallow as well. Am I a wimp or what??? I have nothing against it whatsoever, I just don't think I could do it myself. Maybe I'm going soft in my middle age????
nah. I'm only 20 and am in TOTAL agreement with you. I don't disagree with it at all, and have plenty of friends who trap. I'm not in disagreement at all. It's just for me I couldn't do it. I guess I may be a little soft to be able to do that too, but I just don't have what it takes to walk up to a struggling animal (that I caused) and then watch it tremble in fear because it knows that I am it's death. For me it's better that the animal has no clue. It'd be tough for me too. Killing an animal from stand, or a quick death in any respect is fine, and I am cool with, but for me doing that is tough. Just my honest opinion. And i'm not trying to bash trapping cause it's totally fine with me, it's just I couldn't do it. That's just me.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with everyone. I'm not against nor for trapping because its something I couldn't ever do. To me anyway, there isn't anything really exciting to me about it. To each their own, and as a hunter, i do support others who do even if it is something I couldn't ever do.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Hawk

I agree with everyone. I'm not against nor for trapping because its something I couldn't ever do. To me anyway, there isn't anything really exciting to me about it. To each their own, and as a hunter, i do support others who do even if it is something I couldn't ever do.
i'm in total agreement with you there!
Old 01-30-2007, 11:38 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Most don't hunt because they can't kill an animal but aren't against hunting and eating meat. You hunt and can kill animals. They wonder the same thing. How would you answer them if they ask??

The answer isn't any different then the one you are asking about those of usthattrap. The end result is the same as hunting. A dead animal that never wondered if it was getting into heaven someday. Death is not a" thinking "concept for them. They are not human.Their instinct is to survive. I've trapped a lot of animals over the years... most if not allweren't tembling in fear when I approached.I am not saying theywouldn't have run if they could have since it is one oftheir instinctsfor survival. The other two instinctsare tofightor hide.

Bottom line... they are animals. They feed and cloth us. I'vehave a great apperication/respect for animals, how they survive and what they mean to us. Just like hunting...without it or trapping, I wouldn't have learned, apperciated and passed on the knowledge gained by being a part of it.

Tim

Old 01-30-2007, 11:49 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I should have also added...

Just like the non hunters who support hunting/trapping and our way of life... I thank you for supporting trapping.

Tim
Old 01-31-2007, 02:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree this should of been under the trapping forum!

Am I a wimp or what???
For posting this here? YES !

Lately, when I see trapping photos or stories, I find myself feeling sorry for the animals being trapped.
You may feel that way and have a right to how you would feel. I look at it like this. When you go outside and find your young dog or cat half eaten by a coyote or your small dog tied to your step and a coyote is attacking it. The fact that during the winter months the deer herd is being decimated because of coyotes. You know that there is a problem with them. The only real way to control the numbers is by trapping them here. This is not the fields where you can see for miles it is the north woods. Predators kill a large amount of wildlife here and predators mostly hunt at night. With theirkeen senses they are hard to control other wise. That is why here the fish and wildlife employs trappers to help control problem predators in and around some of the towns here. It is a way to control some of the problems with predators here.

Quick Reply: Trapping has been bothering me......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.