Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

How to kill a coyote?

Old 01-26-2007, 07:14 AM

Default RE: How to kill a coyote?

muckland...
Very nice skinning shed! Those furs look beautiful. Seems like the good Lord's been kind to you this season!!!
Are those furs ok outside? I would imagine that other critters might take a linking to them and mess them up or steal them? What about moisture?

Old 01-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice haul. That would have been worth a small fortune in the good old days. But even now, it will pay for a lot of bullets and beer.[8D]
Old 01-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

They are all streched and dryed waiting to be sold. Ive added some more, will give an update soon..should be a great morning 10 degres right now...
Old 01-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: gooseslayerT

Hey guys, firstly Ill tell you my steup. Ive only tried hunting these guys once. At my farm, there is coyote tracks everywhere. The farm is in the middle of an evergreen tree farm, a gravel pit and a dump a little further. Anyways, coyote tracks everywhere. So, I dont have a rifle I can use in my area, so Im gonna have to shoot these coyotes with a 12 gauge. So one night, I went out there, sat in my truck, and started calling with my electronic predator call, cheap one i bought from wal-mart. I went out there around 10:30 at night, pitch dark and see if i can lure anything in. Gimme some tips guys. I wanna bring these coyote down.
Park your truck far from where you want to call and walk into where you want to call from. Be quiet! You'll be surprised at what little noise will scare a coyote away.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:33 PM

should i walk out and start calling at dark? or before light?

Old 01-28-2007, 11:10 PM

you know what buddy you go out with your bow,rifle,pistol,shotgun,Heck its legal you want to be an indian take your tomahock and spear out pretty hard heck have your family throwin curling irons at um if ya like coyotes take what ya give um.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are catching other stuff because you dont know how to keep that stuff out of your traps.That takes some knowlage,so does calling them.Its up to you where you dirrect your energy.But i will say,onece you are dialed in,your traps are working 24/7 and you will slay them hard!!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:26 PM

nice picture,s .... good job?????

bowtec allegiance
Old 03-07-2007, 11:06 PM

I start calling in the morning right as it light enough to shoot and until about ten. and in the evening it's alot like deer hunting the predators start moving when the prey does so the last hour of light and any time after is a good bet.