Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Rabbit Hunting Video with camera on rifle >

Rabbit Hunting Video with camera on rifle

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Rabbit Hunting Video with camera on rifle

Old 01-03-2007, 05:12 PM

Default RE: Rabbit Hunting Video with camera on rifle

ORIGINAL: beefiness

i wouldn't call that hunting. when i hunt i shoot one shot at the animal i'm shooting at and then skin and cook. did you guys keep any of the animals? maybe you should get a scope instead of shooting 5 times at each animal, just my .02
Well, you're much too good for me. Next time I'm hunting vermin, I'll be sure to exercise more discipline.

I didn't use the scope, because it would get in the way of the camcorder.

Some people take this stuff way too serious.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:20 PM

it's just that i don't consider rabbits as vermin, i consider them game animals that provide delcious meat. i like to hunt varmints and predators. i sometimes use my ar-15, even when i do i make one clean kill shot so i do not destroy the pelt. of course i also hunt in the east and that's a big difference from the west. i hunt the way i was brought up and it was just my opinion.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:58 AM

I am very much happy the video didn't load for me so I could read this thread. Not utilizing what you kill is despicable
Old 01-04-2007, 10:23 AM

The way you people hunt rabbits is stupid. Ive always been taught one shot one kill. If im hunting something that would probably be running to use a shotgun. Why would you use a rifle to shoot s running rabbit. That is just retarted and to just let them lay???? I dont shoot anyting unless i am going to eat it. Why should someting die if its just goin to be left where its shot? There is no way anyone should need as many shots as you people took at one animal. if you cant hit what you shooting at then go shoot at some targets till you can hit where you want it to.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: beefiness

it's just that i don't consider rabbits as vermin, i consider them game animals that provide delcious meat.
Being from Connecticut, you probably haven't eaten many jackrabbits. Here's a recipe that the guys at my deer lease gave me for cooking them on a campfire.

First, get a large brick and place it in the fire. Get the brick good and hot. Wrap a jackrabbit in aluminum foil with whatever spices float your boat. Place the jackrabbit on top of the brick. Cook thoroughly for about 30 minutes.

Then throw away the rabbit and eat the brick... It's tastier, and not nearly as tough.

Down here in Texas, jackrabbits are considered vermin. They dig holes that horses and cattle step in and break legs. The rancher whose land we lease wants them shot whenever we seethem. So, they are our off-season target practice.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Retaks

The way you people hunt rabbits is stupid. Ive always been taught one shot one kill. If im hunting something that would probably be running to use a shotgun. Why would you use a rifle to shoot s running rabbit.
Like I said, I usually shoot a shotgun, but the recoil may have damaged the video recording.

And for some reason, you don't think I was going after the one shot one kill? It's like you want everybody to be a qualified sharp shooter before they go shooting rabbits. No misses allowed.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:31 PM

what gun was you using. I dont see anything wrong with shooting them and leaving them lay if they are causing problems. I aggree Jackrabbit is tough meat!!!!! Me no like!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:53 PM

Have any of you ever eaten jack rabbit before? YUK!

Nuff said. Besides, they are considered pests out west.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: jake smith09

what gun was you using.
Just my Ruger .22
Old 01-04-2007, 11:54 PM

MMMMMMMMMM RABBIT! You should give them to somebody who would eat-em . Kind of reminds me of my latest Rabbit design.

Quick Reply: Rabbit Hunting Video with camera on rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.