" />

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote Hunting in NY

Old 12-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Spike

Default Coyote Hunting in NY

anyone out there coyote hunt in NY I would like to hook up with someone.Iv got the gear and have time now.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyote Hunting in NY

Yea I hunt in the souther tier, heres a NY coyote hunting forum, lots of good info and people.

http://barkmoon.proboards41.com/index.cgi
Old 12-28-2006, 07:01 AM

Jackdee - where are you from?

I hunt coyotes in the southerntier - 1hr south of Buffalo in Delevan, Springville, and West Valley -

I am always looking to get out and do some hunting and hunt new property that hasn't been worked over too much - call shy coyotes can be pretty difficult to get
Old 12-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Spike

Jim
Im from Long Island but I have some land that I own in Unadilla NY it between Binghamton and Oneonta right off of I 88. I v never reall got out and justed Coyotes I got a few during deer season. I am going to try and get out this season and bag a few I know they are in the area. alot of sign. I have alot to learn about them
jackdee
Old 12-28-2006, 09:55 PM

Jackdee -

I live in the Adirondacks and just last year started to hunt them. I've missed a few but have yet to connect. I shot a grey fox a few weeks ago and have missed a few more fox as well. Got a nice bobcat last year so I am learning. I just bought a Western Rivers remote control call and am having some issues with it. I will be making a post about that here shortly. There are coyotes around up here but not a ton, just like the deer they come and go and have thousands of square miles to hide in but it is still something fun to do between hunting season and ice fishing.

Eric
Old 12-29-2006, 06:25 AM
Spike

Hi Eric
I know what you mean about hunting up in your neck of the woods. I hunted the lower part of Indiain Lake a few years back its some big woods! love the hunt. My son seen a bobcat during deer season this year but we cant take any bobcats in our area. got some cameras out maybe we'll get lucky. Good luck shoot
jackdee
Old 12-29-2006, 12:11 PM

jackdee -

Indian Lake is my part of the woods up here. Been up here 4 years now and love it. Shot a 182 1/8 (gross) buck two seasons ago up here...well, three seasons ago now I guess. 17 point non-typical, pretty awesome. There are some slammers up here if you can find them.

Eric
Old 12-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Spike

Eric
Boy you must be proud of yourself over that deer, Talk about once in a life time. Love to hear about these things that happen to good hunters. I would like to get up there this spring and do some turkey hunting and fishing. If you could point me in the right direction I would sure be greatful. maybe we could hook up
jackdee
Old 01-19-2007, 07:19 PM

i live in Harrisville, NY 2 hours north of syracuseand have hunted predators and varmints for years. I have had, up til tonight, 102 coyotes, 34 fox and 12 bobcat. iam puttin up some footage of 17 hunts. including a triple my father and i got in 5 minutes of setup. email me if you have questions.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:16 PM

I am new to the coyote hunting world here in southern NY. although my partner and i have had some success, i am looking for some help calling in predators. i have had good luck with gary fox, but the reds and the coyotes, have not been so easy to learn. Any help such as times to hunt, calls to use, and how long to sit at each stand, or any other info is greatly appreciated! thanks

Quick Reply: Coyote Hunting in NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.