Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Look what I found today

Old 02-02-2007, 05:56 PM

Default RE: Look what I found today

i wouldnt be able to trap animals. I'd feel bad for the animal being stuck there.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

A very nice and healthy looking grey, Congrats to you!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

That fox showed no sign of panic or pain.Nice job! You did it right.Theres nothing for him to tangle up in, You used the right size of trap,correct tention and placement.Now the rest will come easier.Youve rounded the corner.CONGRADS!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice.....and BTW, the pics are VERY tasteful...good job!!
Old 02-04-2007, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

Good One!!! But wheres the hound?!?

ORIGINAL: North Texan

Nice fox.

However, you obviously haven't enough Disney movies. That could very well have been a fox some poor old widow turned out to pasture.[]
Old 02-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

mike - you should really try it some time. It is as challenging as bowhunting, a lot harder than rifle hunting. Trapping is just an inconvenience to the animal, that grey could have been released without any damage. I started trapping this year and had a blast, traps today are designed to hold the animal without doing damage to it. I caught 2 grey fox that I had to release, the male fought a little but the female was just as docile as can be. They both took off without any signs of damage. The challenge of trapping is to get a target animal tostep in a roughly 3 inch area. If you look at the picture you can see that the fox is not hurting and pulling, it's just stuck. That fox could have been in that trap for 10 min or 10 hrs but it's not chewing it's leg off, like some people would like you to believe. He did a great job and got what he was trapping for. I'm not giving you a hard time just inviting you to try it or go out with someone who is an experienced trapper and see exactly what trapping is all about.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

nice one... I've got several traps myself, but don't have the time to run a trapline. I'd have to mount that little booger.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:36 AM

How do you release without being bitten by the critter? I mean you have to open the trap that's attached to the leg right? No wild fox would let you get that near without trying to take your hand off.
Also as another asked.....how do you dispatch the critter and if shooting...what do you use and where do you place the shot?
Old 02-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome, congrats
Old 02-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice fox and pictures

Quick Reply: Look what I found today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.