HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Midwest fur prices!!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/162910-midwest-fur-prices.html)

nebraskabuckhunter 11-01-2006 10:54 PM

Midwest fur prices!!!!!!

Hey everyone its that time of year again and I just wanted to see if anyone had any info. about fur prices for this year, for the midwest, I hunt mainly coyotes and coons, I heard that the prices were gonna be good this year I hope I am right. Just let me know what yall have heard if you would please and thank you. Good luck to everyone in their hunting and trapping year.

Jrbhunter 11-02-2006 08:24 AM

RE: Midwest fur prices!!!!!!

There have been some discussions on Midwest Predator Hunters that prices are going to be higher this year. We have a couple fur buyers that frequent the forum but they haven't posted any concrete numbers yet- we also have some fur analyst that stop by on occasion.

I suspect it's all just more pre-season hype, and will fade back to normal numbers, but I've been wrong before. I hope money comes back into trapping and calling... would tickle me to death.

huntboy3181 11-02-2006 03:34 PM

This is just here-say, but i've talked to a lot of local trappers and they all seem to think that coon will average 12-15 this year and muskrat are suppose to be 8-10 a piece. Don't quote me on this, but thats what i've been told. good luck to everybody!!

smokeman 11-02-2006 05:07 PM

Do any of you all send your hides to an auction??? I think you would get a better price on them...

nebraskabuckhunter 11-03-2006 12:34 AM

no i dont i have always just taken them to my local fur buyer i dont know how much of a difference there would be in taking them to an auction, oh well.

Phil from Maine 11-03-2006 04:07 AM

Here in this area, they( most all trappers here ) plan on holding back for the fur auction. As, they believe, they will be getting a better price.

huntboy3181 11-03-2006 01:16 PM

I don't think it would pay off if i only have a 100 coon and 50 rats would it? I just sell at the end of the season when i'm done trapping.

tjr122 11-12-2006 05:45 PM

I stopped by the fur buyers yesterday. Here in central IL. They say coon
ave. is $7.50 Rats $4.50 to $6.00, mink not prime yet, but could pay $10.00

Jrbhunter 11-14-2006 11:26 AM

I sold 14 coon the other day for $5 each in the round.

ikillsdeer 11-15-2006 12:20 AM

why do they buy rat fur?????