Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

squirrel huntin with a bow.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: squirrel huntin with a bow.

I have shot three...but only in the back yard...Oh and never ever use field tips very very bad idea.......Use judo points, old broadheads...or some other broadhead....fieldtips don't cut it...
Old 11-02-2006, 01:16 PM

never have shot any with my bow yet but i did buy some blunt heads just for that purposehopefully get some rabbits with em also.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: HoytMT2332

I have shot three...but only in the back yard...Oh and never ever use field tips very very bad idea.......Use judo points, old broadheads...or some other broadhead....fieldtips don't cut it...
Yeah, i have shot a couple and its fun. Going with hoytmt here, be merciful and don't use field points, it gets nasty.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got me a new longbow recently and I plan on getting a few squirrels with it soon. I'll use judos and some aluminium arrows that fly well. I have some flu-flus for it too, for those up-in-the-tree-shots.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Fork Horn

never have but when one walks by me stand making me think it is a deer i try to shoot it with my bow
Old 11-09-2006, 05:52 PM

Yes! its a blast, i use adder points behind some 100gr field points...they cant take too much of that! Wont ever hunt squirrels again with anything but a bow. Its addicting.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:47 PM

Yeah I got a couple with my bow (PSE Hunter). I am a fairly new hunter and me and my father mostly go Whitetail Bow/Gun and Turkey. However we often go squirrel hunting for some fun.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've gotten several. Only one I didn't find but i know that i did or most likely hadhit him; The bottom half hit the ground and the BH got him but he was able to crawl back into his hole. The day that i got a couple, i forgot to bring my camera, go figure
Old 11-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger140892

When I was a kid back in the 70's we used to bowhunt squirrels. We used flu-flu fletchings andblunt points.Ihaven't seen those fletchings in years.
ive killed squirrel with bow...while deer hunting...its fun but you can pretty much forget about the deer once you start....i use blunt tips but no flu..flu as i only take shots when they are on the ground...Squirrels dont care if your there as long as your fairly still and quiet...i would shoot them in the trees butim poor and cant afford new arrows all the time...i would think rabbits are the same but i dont have any good grassyarea ican hunt with permission...im always in the deep woods andi havent seen any rabbits their
Old 12-09-2006, 08:20 AM

Never tried that one. We coon hunt with bows. We use the flu flu so you don't end up going to the far corners of the world to try and retreive the arrows. ITS GREAT !!!

Quick Reply: squirrel huntin with a bow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.