Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Pellet Rifle for Rabit control

Old 04-30-2006, 07:22 PM

Default Pellet Rifle for Rabit control

I have a yard that is half an acre and i have rabbits all over it in my garden area. I live outside of the city limits but i have houses all around so i cant use my .22. What are some good affordable pellet rifles that would be good for 35 yard shots?

thanks
Old 04-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Banned

Default RE: Pellet Rifle for Rabit control

I have had a RWS Diana .177 with a bushnell air rifle scope on it for 15 years and I have shot so many squirrels and rabbits at that range that I have lost count. The gun has never failed and is extremely accurate and shoots pellets at 1000 fps. It is a break barrel design. My boy has a Gamo Shadow that is a 1000 fps .177 also and it shoots very accurately as well. He has not shot it as much as mine though as it is only y6 months old so I can't give a durability report. I have shot 1000's of pellets through mine and have cleanly killed sqirrels out to 40 yds with one shot. I once shot a starling at an easy 60-65 yds with it. Very durable and I do NO maintenace to it.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

rabbit season is not in!!!!!!! they are probbaly not going to be eaten, they have babies right now. please dont poach!!! even tho it's a rabbit, it's still poaching!
Old 04-30-2006, 09:43 PM

Squirrelkilla23

I am waiting until August to shoot them for one, and yes i do eat everything i shoot. As for the babbies i found a nest about a month ago and the babbies have been on thier own for a couple of weeks.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:20 AM

good idea. crosman makes good guns. i would recommend any of the guns they sell unless it is like a red ryder bb gun lol.

Old 05-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get a Bow
Old 05-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an RWS model 48. It's in .177 and it's awesome. It shoots over 900 f.p.s. even tho it's rated at 1100fps. (btw, none of those guns shoot that fast, not with the pellets you'd WANT t shoot out of them). I killed a big ole possum with it a cou[ple months ago. One shot, right between the eyes. Personally, I'd stay away from the pump-guns, like Crosmans and Daisys. They don't have the power or consistancy in power for the accuracy you'd need for clean-kills.

For the price, Gamos are pretty good. They're powerful and are made fairly decent. Try different pellets to see what performs best. Crosman Premier Heavys are what I shoot.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for clarifying that scott
Old 05-01-2006, 07:30 PM

i've heard the Remington Genesis is good. 1000 fps, accurate, and comes with a scope/mount that might just need some locktite. Also the gamo shadow is what i have been looking into myself. I have a gamo handgun and it's pretty darn accurate.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Gamos are all relatively good, for the money. But stay away from the Varmint Hunter. Aparently, that particular model is made in a different country where the quality-control is terrible. The gun shoots worse and worse the more you shoot it.

Haven't heard much about the Genesis, but there is a break-barrel rifle by Crosman that's fairly nice. When I bought my RWS, I looked on the Airgun Classifieds. There's some good deals on there.

Quick Reply: Pellet Rifle for Rabit control

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.