Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Any crow hunters???

Old 03-16-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Any crow hunters???

Just wondering, any crow hunters out here? opening day, i got 50 of em... three of us. and what type of gun do you use? I have a really old crow gun. My grandpas that he gave to me, it has full choke in it though. good for those really long shots, and helicopters
Old 03-16-2006, 01:20 PM

Default RE: Any crow hunters???

congrats ! i love my crow huntin when its open .i use a rem 870 full choke the most i got in one day was 42 by myself .i was hurtin by the end of the day .
Old 03-16-2006, 05:28 PM

I try it but never get any. what are some tricks? do you use calls? decoys? bait?
Old 03-16-2006, 05:31 PM

hunt crows a little. mostly just behind the house though.I use a anchutz 64 target rifle with a 3-9x40 scope, or i bait the birds in close to a blind of some sort, usually a shed with the door open just a littleand shoot them with a ben pearson 45lb recurve . lots of fun when theres nothing else to do .
Old 03-16-2006, 06:57 PM

i have always used calls but i just recently got in to usin eletronic calls and decoys . my success went up when i started usin both .all i do is ride around the back roads lookin for them especially around pecans trees or any crops .
Old 03-16-2006, 10:46 PM

what the heck do you do with 50 crows?
Old 03-17-2006, 12:37 AM

i didnt eat them i give them to a old black couple i know they eat them like candy .
Old 03-17-2006, 07:43 AM

Well...24/7 hunter, I use electronic calls, dont use fancy decoys, just regular full bodie crows. You got to keep still and keep your face covered.I hope none of you get mad but...i cant eat crows, so i cut em up and make em into jerkey for my dog.[:'(]those things are so grody when you breast em out, but you cant waste what you kill. Tou need to check your DEC regulations to see what is legal for crows. Good luck
Old 03-17-2006, 02:54 PM

Crows are a blast to hunt, there nothing like seeing a group of crows making a beeline for you decoys. I hunt crows with a electronic call, 3 decoys, my shotguns and my dog. I have mixed success, buthere in MN they don't get in big flocks. The start to group up in the winter but thats about it. In the spring, summer, and fall they are in family groups. I mostly do run and gun setups, and usually get a couple.

take-em
Old 03-17-2006, 03:16 PM

Why would any one hunt crows?? Just to kill em? Or do you eat them? Thats nasty. It seems like it would be like a rat or something.

Quick Reply: Any crow hunters???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.