Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote hunter killed

Old 01-18-2006, 06:03 PM

Default Coyote hunter killed

This happened here in northwest ohio about twenty miles from my town. Coyote hunter was killed when another hunter was in the same area. The other hunter was spotlighting and seen eyes and took the shot. Heres the link to the complete story. http://www.limaohio.com/story.php?IDnum=21560

Old 01-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Coyote hunter killed

What a drag! Sad story that you don't like to hear!
Old 01-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

i feel real bad to him. poor guy.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:30 AM

Horrible story. However i don't think thata humans eyes reflect in the dark like a deer coyote etc...i believe it has to do with the rods and cones in the eye. Regardless its bad news.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

i didnt think theglowed in the dark as well but i could be wrong. haha what if they didnt . then i could be a murder and this was a cover up.. lol there goes theinvestigator in me again..haha
Old 01-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is a very rare accident. I've varmint and coonhunted at night all my life and have never even come close to shooting another person or wrong type of animal. I have only heard of one other example of this type of accident (under legal circumstances) in my life.

I find it almost as disturbing that some folks in the deer hunting thread are using this isolated incident as an excuse to bash all forms of night hunting.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Every cartridge ever made has left the factory with at least one flaw. Once the bullet leaves, it can never come back. That's why hunters have to be sure of their target and what is beyond before taking a shot. Even when hunting at night. Taking the time to verify the target may cost a coyote or two every now and then, but they can always be called in another day.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terrible accident...
Old 01-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

This is a very rare accident. I've varmint and coonhunted at night all my life and have never even come close to shooting another person or wrong type of animal. I have only heard of one other example of this type of accident (under legal circumstances) in my life.

I find it almost as disturbing that some folks in the deer hunting thread are using this isolated incident as an excuse to bash all forms of night hunting.

10-4 good Buddy!
Old 01-20-2006, 05:58 PM

Very sad. My heart goes out to his family

Quick Reply: Coyote hunter killed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.