Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote hunter killed

Old 01-20-2006, 08:42 PM

Default RE: Coyote hunter killed

I don't know the full story on this,but with Ohio being a shotgun only state this had to be close range. It seems like they would have figured each other out,but again i don't know all the details.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:41 AM

best wishes, sad story
Old 01-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with N.Tex...anyone who shoots at a set of eyes needs to hang it up and consider a hobby with less responsibility!!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Very sad, my heart goes out to the family and kids. I'm not sure of the details either but I spoke with district four here in ohio and they confirmed for me when it comes to coyote at night anything goes as far as cal. of gun.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: graperunkennels

I don't know the full story on this,but with Ohio being a shotgun only state this had to be close range. It seems like they would have figured each other out,but again i don't know all the details.
In Deer season it's shotgun only. But for groundhog and coyote any type of gun is fair game. I asked a DNR about it one time and he said with most of ohio being flat if you miss at a deer and your bullet may be three to four feet off the ground and then hit a near by house. but he said with yotes and hogs your most likely aiming at the ground and if you miss the bullet should impact the ground not to far from the mis or pass through shot. I think its kinda weird but I dont argue with him cause I would hate to start huntinggroundhogs with just my .22 cal. Thanks for all the thoughts, just thought it would help everbodys defensive hunting skills while out in the woods.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

Humans don't have a tapetum lucidum in their eyes so they don't "glow" under a spotlight. Sounds like somebody dumber than a rock is trying to justify their stupidity.

AK Jeff