HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   WINDY DAY SQUIRREL ACTION * PIX * (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/111786-windy-day-squirrel-action-pix.html)

bhw 09-06-2005 05:51 PM

WINDY DAY SQUIRREL ACTION * PIX *

Gang,

The wind was blowing hard for the first 3 days, so it was hard to spot them feeding in the trees. I still managed a few with the Ruger 77/22

PA Bow/Flinter 09-06-2005 06:28 PM

RE: WINDY DAY SQUIRREL ACTION * PIX *

Nice!!! That one squirrel got hit pretty hard.

DearSlayer357 09-06-2005 06:44 PM

you should join the squirrel contest. If you do no squirrels count that you have killed before you have signed up. And red squirrels dont count

sour01 09-06-2005 07:01 PM

Looks like you are having fun. I have til Oct 1st and I acn't wait to get back into the woods. 24 more days!!

Nice pics!!

hotgunner21 09-06-2005 07:38 PM

nice shootin, i personally love those 77/22's

skinnerdawg 09-07-2005 11:39 AM

nice shooting.

SPIKEHORN11 09-07-2005 06:52 PM

Great Job. I am heading out tomorrow. Wish the leaves would drop faster.

TomFromTheShade 09-07-2005 06:52 PM

Those pictures will tell you why I am a strictly headshot guy on squirrels, but I haven't squirrel hunted in forever. Does anyone know if you can still trade squirrel tails for Mepps lures?

skinnerdawg 09-08-2005 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: TomFromTheShade

Those pictures will tell you why I am a strictly headshot guy on squirrels, but I haven't squirrel hunted in forever. Does anyone know if you can still trade squirrel tails for Mepps lures?

yes you can. i did this last season. if i am not mistaken they have more info on their web site.

moosehunter21 09-09-2005 01:55 PM

That squirrel got mauled. Good shootin tho

MNpurple 09-17-2005 07:34 PM

bhw,
I have always only shot grey and fox squirrels, never those little red pine squirrels like you have there. Someone told me they tasted bad. Do they taste the same as grey and fox? If so, I now have more to shoot at and get some revenge for that annoying little chatter they do when I'm bow hunting.

heeze gutshot shortee 09-18-2005 04:52 PM

that 77/22 tears em a new one. Fry em up ( about 1cup oil) in some flour and cornmeal. 4 parts flour to 1part meal. when theyre done...about 6-7minutes....mix 2tblsp cornstarch and 1 cup water.. pour it on top of em andcover andsimmer for about 2mins....then....goood gravy.!! Get your eat on BRO

heeze gutshot shortee 09-18-2005 04:58 PM

bhw... Oh...almost forgot....call me when there done...Ill bring the cold ones friend

Those Red squirrels are mean and nasty ...They run the Grey ones off da bird feeders...Gotsta kill them....they go down the throat good too

good hunting...hope you get a big buck when season starts