Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

worst tasting meat

Old 08-13-2005, 06:46 PM

Default RE: worst tasting meat

goose..hands down!!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

most ducks taste bad because they tend to feed off of the bottom of a pond... as for a goose being greasy.... ya gotta bake them breast side down.... worst tasting meat.... try eating a chilli made from the rear 1/4's of a wood chuck........that will put some hair on your chest
Old 08-13-2005, 10:57 PM

ya'll bad mouthing ducks and geese just don't know how to cook... gotta do'em fast under high heat to burn off the fat and get it done before it dries out...

now for the worst tasting meat I ever had... itwas a garbage dump fed Bear... the dogs wouldn't eat that crap...
Old 08-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I love goose and bear meat but groundhog is a different story. You can't even clean those stinkin' things without gagging. An old timer told me to hold em' under water to avoid the smell but I still can't stomach them. I'd rather gnaw on the pot they were cooked in.

And balut !!! man Kevin, how did you ever get that thing past your lips[:'(]
Old 08-15-2005, 02:39 PM

I dont like rabbit at all.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

I don't care for the diver ducks but goose tasts like Beef if you cook it right.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:46 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bearklr

And balut !!! man Kevin, how did you ever get that thing past your lips[:'(]
It takes lots of intestinal fortitude , and a steady supply of San Miguels ...
Old 08-16-2005, 11:01 AM

Yall are crazy duck is great tasting if you cook it right. I let it sit in water all night to get the gamey taste out of it and then put it in some marinade and then wrap it in Bacon and grill it. But I can't think of the worst meat that I've ever had.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:12 AM

I like duck, muskrat, rabbit, squirrel (one of my favorite things to eat), don't mind goose, and the bear I had was fattened on berries and acorns so was tender and the best red meat I ever put in my mouth. I could never face another coot but the worst thing I have ever put in my mouth was oppossum. This stuff was greasy, tasted like the suhuitu the oppossum had been eating. The worst part is it grew as you chewed. I can't stand it.
Dr Fatguy
Old 08-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had roast porqupine once...never again! I wasn`t the cook that time. My buddies overcooked it and it wound up tasting like what a marsh smells like on a hot day.

Ron

Quick Reply: worst tasting meat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.