Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Which remote controlled caller to buy? >

Which remote controlled caller to buy?

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Which remote controlled caller to buy?

Old 05-30-2005, 08:40 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Default Which remote controlled caller to buy?

Cabela's has the Western River remote caller for $250 and the Extreme Dimension for $270. Has anyone tried either of these?

(I already have a regular Extreme Dimension caller, but I'm tired of the "extension cord.")
Old 06-01-2005, 06:16 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which remote controlled caller to buy?

Don't fool around... buy a Foxpro! No one ever regrets it!!
Old 06-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Spike

bhw said it all....
Old 06-22-2005, 10:35 AM

Amen. But you may want to wait awhile longer, Mike is coming out with a new one - FX3. Should be on the market within the next few weeks.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:00 AM

The foxpro is good if you have some money saved up, but some of us poor people cant afford something like that. I use a Johny Stewart prey master and before that I used a Lohman cassette player call that worked fine. Go for the western rivers without the wires but if you have the go for the foxpro.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:40 PM

i started out with a small tape player and a horn it worked good but you had to becareful not to get things wet. then i went to a hunters buddy which also worked good but it was very heavy. then i went to a johny stewart prey master. but it locked up on very cold days. i returned it. then i picked up a western river with remote. seem to work real well. the remote worked out to about 200 yards and the volume was pretty good but you have to step down threw your sounds. stepping threw sounds usually worked ok but if it missed the signal then the wrong sound played. you could lose track of where you are at on your sounds. so i sold this on ebay. fox pros are very nice but they are to costly and if you drop it well keep your fingers crossed. i ended up with a simple set up that always works. it is a small mp3 player with a tiny amp and a small horn. the amp and mp3 player is attached right to the horn making it all one unit. it works great and along with my mouth calls and it will take more abuse that any of the others that i have mentioned. i have found out that the sounds do not have to be away from your area. just do not play your sounds so much. if you play them to much then you give away your location. i set the system up for just over $100.00. i found out it's easier to just keep it simple. just some of my trials and errors. hope it helps.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:43 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

missed another- where did you get the sounds for your mp3 player
Old 06-25-2005, 06:08 PM

i got some of them from western rivers site. there are quite few differant sites on the net that allow you to down load their sounds. alot of them i recorded threw my mic to my computer. using a tape player put the horn up next to the mic. then using the program music match converted them to mp3. it's real easy. if i use recorded sounds i don't like the short loops that almost all digital players use. i can but 4 hours of recordings on the little mp3 player and the recordings can be any length you want. i usually make each of mine about a half an hour long.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:48 PM

http://www.minaskaoutdoors.com

I just ordered one of the Minaska Bandit callers last week and it should be any day. I can't wait! It plays MP3 sounds via a memory card. Check them out. I doubt you'll be disapointed.

And by the way....I am NOT affiliated with them in any way....Just thought I would offer up a suggestion to you on a caller that is worth the money and MADE BY HUNTERS...unlike the foxpro...

Micah
Old 06-27-2005, 11:16 AM

that's where i bought my ampto built my caller was from minaskaoutdoors. it is a small 9 volt amp and itworks great.

Quick Reply: Which remote controlled caller to buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.