Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Meopta Optika

Old 02-18-2021, 12:25 PM
Spike

Default Meopta Optika

Bought a Meopta Optika5 4-20x50 RD SFP BDC 3 Reticle today for my Savage .308....Anyone have a Meopta Scope??
Old 03-01-2021, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

I don't have one on the gun but have looked through them and they seem very clear and built well. I do have a pair of binos (pro air) on order and they have been extremely slow on getting them out. Hoping they make it in the next few weeks so I can get them out for the turkey season.
Old 03-06-2021, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

I have one on my varmint rifle. It is really nice and they have a ballistic calculator that I used to sight my rifle in for a prairie dog hunt.. I was shooting dogs at over 500 yards. Great scope
Old 03-14-2021, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

My binos came in and I am very impressed. Every bit as clear and bright as Sworos. TIme will tell on the durability but right of the box they get an A+ especially for the price.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:38 PM
Spike

I have tested both Optika5 and Optika6 but Optika6 scopes are seem quite nice.
I mostly used it for my varmint rifle and I loved it.
Check Ellett brothers that is a good blog where I found a lot of reviews about scopes.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

As far as optical quality and durability i think you will like the Optika5 but its one butt ugly scope. Mounting surface area is also pretty small. Look for a MeoPro, there are still a few out there. Aside from cost the 2 big differences between the 5 and 6 are........The 5s are 1" and the 6s are 30mm. The Optika6 also weighs much more. You will get more MOA of adjustment out on the Optika6 also.

Overall the Optika5 comes in at a great price point with nice glass for the money. 1" will limit your choices a little for upper end rings. There are far more really nice 30mm rings out there.
Old 04-10-2021, 04:50 AM
Spike

I have been doing some freelance work with Meopta and I can assure you that Meopta products and prices are second to none. Meopta makes all the major components for all of their optics in the Czech Republic. They have been known for years for their glass quality and have produced products for other high-end companies that might surprise you. I have used 2 of the Optika5 scopes and hunted with one last fall. Impressive glass and excellent in low light. All of Meopta's scopes can be dialed in using Strelok Pro which is a huge asset when using a BDC/Cal. Specific reticle. Getting accurate distances for your shooting data makes all the difference in down-range accuracy. The Optika5 are all 1-inch tubes and the Optika6's are 30mm. Kenton makes Custom Turrets for both scopes if that is what interests you? Feel free to drop me a note if you have any questions. Meopta also has a LE/Mil/First Responder program to assist those who look out for our well-being.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

The lightest Optika6 is 27oz aside from the little 1-6 they offer. That is big scope for a 2.5-15x44. The Optika5 3-15x44 weighs in at 21oz which is still a little heavy but not terrible. Meopta appears to have made at least some of the parts for the USA assembled older Zeiss Conquest line. The older Meopro line were assembled in Florida USA. I believe those were moved back to the Czech plant also but not sure. Probably at the same plant as the old Conquests. Their glass quality is solid.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 04-23-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:28 PM
Spike

The Optika6 scopes do carry some heft. When you take them out of the box they feel like they are built like a tank! That is a good thing as far as I am concerned. Mine has fallen more than 10 feet 2 times, neither was my fault, thankfully. Zero issues from falling onto hard ground, not even knocked off zero. I think if I was back living in Ore. I would choose the Optika5 just for the balance on a lighter spot and stalk rifle. Sitting in a blind waiting for pigs, predators to deer, depending on the season, the added weight doesn't bother me at all. Meopta has a shipping and receiving plant in FL but everything is produced in the Czech Republic.
I have the Optika6 5-30x56 with the 34mm tube and it is a beast on my Bergara Premier LRP in 6.5 CM. It makes 800-yard shots feel pretty darn easy.

Old 04-24-2021, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Meopta also assembled scopes in Florida but the parts all came from Czech so they were labeled as (Made In Czeh Republic). This was only the old Meopro line as far as i know. Cabelas Instinct HD scopes were also a "Meopro" . All the ones ive seen were labeled Assembled in USA. Some or maybe even most of the Meopro were also labeled Assembled in USA. They are strikingly similar to the old Conquest scopes.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 04-24-2021 at 06:28 AM.