Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Night Vision Targets

Old 11-08-2019, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default Night Vision Targets

What are some good ideas for night vision targets. Regular targets just are not good enough. I'm thinking maybe making a target out if reflective tape, stickers, or tacks. I would assume I would have to do this at night so the IR would illuminate these items? I have the Pulsar N455. I have it zeroed pretty well but I know if I found or made quality targets, I could get the zero the way I want.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

not to sound like a jerk here, BUT if you need your targets to be reflective, , how do you plan on shooting wild game> as there not
and I gather you also nee to be precise on aiming at wild life as you would targets of other materials!
that said,
couldn;t you maybe just use a small light to help illuminate a target so you can see better, to dial in the scope?
rather than trying to make some targets out of reflective materials

some of them better end solar powered lawn lights(many do 200-250+ lumen's, they will be easy to place at distance and help add some light to a target and be safe to do so, ?
fast and easy too I would think!
Old 11-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reflective tape, or break a chem-light over the target. I expect they’re back to regular price by now, but I buy a bunch of cheap chem lights and other glow sticks each year on the day after Halloween at Walmart for 50% off, specifically meant for night shooting.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

I'm going to try the reflective tape first. Be seeing and reading some decent ideas and reviews. I found a website that makes thermal and night vision targets, but were charging at least $20 a target. I forgot the name of the company, but they also had a coyote
and a hog target for night shooting.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:23 PM
Spike

Yeah, it's definitely not so easy to hunt in the dark and you have to get night vision scope first.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:27 AM
Spike

I've tried couple of night vision scopes and thermal scopes as well, and the best manufacturers for me is AGM.