Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Need a couple 30mm rings and bases etc. >

Need a couple 30mm rings and bases etc.

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Need a couple 30mm rings and bases etc.

Old 10-24-2017, 01:08 PM
Spike

Default Need a couple 30mm rings and bases etc.

Got a couple scopes that apparently were not made for magnum loads or some other problem presented. So I got a couple 30mm scopes......4.5-14 x 42mm.

I recall 50mm requiring tall mounts, not sure about 42mm? High mounts can be problematic on close shots so I would prefer medium mounts if possible.

Also got a Leopold pistol scope for my Thompson Center Encore handgun. Needing nickel rings and base.

In the late 90's I owned/own every reloading manual that was widely available. Now....rusty as hell.

Quite remote and preferring mail order if possible. Looking for helpful suggestions.....and a good price. Went to Midway since I am a regular there. Their "supplier" presented that every gun manufacturer required a different base. I do not recall that being a problem in the past.

Rifles getting new scopes:
Winchester .300 Mag
Weatherby Vanguard .270