Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Leupold Customer Service >

Leupold Customer Service

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Leupold Customer Service

Old 02-27-2017, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have never needed to use their customer service, but...
About 10 years ago I bought a used 1.5 x 5 vx 3 scope to mount on my 45-70. I thought it would be wise to have it checked over before mounting..so called Leupold up and inquired about how much for such a service, saying right up front I got it used.
I was told to send it right out, they would go through it and return it to factory new specs, and return it free of charge within the week.
Wow!
NIce to know, but I ended up getting in a hurry and mounted it....still haven't had any problems with it. of course. Ya pay for what you get.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used them once. I had a older Vari X II I believe it was. I had just sighted it in the day before. I took a deer opening day @ 225 yds but the bullet was nowhere close to where I held it shooting from a rest. I went to the 100 yd range the club had set up. I was lucky to get it on the paper. I resighted it and the next day I missed a easy shot. The scope went back to Leupold and in no time I got it back. They replaced the P.O.I. adjustment mechanism. It's been several years back, I remounted the repaired scope on the same rifle. I hate to admit this but I haven't taken that rifle or scope back out to sight it in. I'm sure they fixed it Leupold makes a good product. That is why unless I'm close to the house I always take more than one rifle with me, because you just never know.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:59 PM
Spike

Default No more Leupold scope for me! Nightforce/Vortex

Originally Posted by PigBrick
Probably won't surprise many, but I just have to give kudos to Leupold customer service (again). While hunting in late November, I took a fall on the rocks and the scope on my rifle (VX2 3-9 w/CDS) was the first thing to hit the rocks. The objective bell was bent was the only obvious damage. I switched rifles the next day and packed up the bent scope for a ride back to Leupold. I put wrote on the service request exactly what happened and expected to pay for repairs.

The scope arrived last week, postage paid, with a note of repairs and an invoice for $0.00.

I'm a regular customer of Leupold with scope purchases and occasional custom work over the past 30 years, (only a single warranty need) but still...

That's just crazy good service.
Glad too see some of you had good experience with Leupold repair service. I sent a VXIII 4.5-14x40 back to them to have them go threw and add M1 elevation turret to scope at my expense. Recieve scopes about 3 weeks or so later. My god I couldn’t believe it. Looked like a 10 year old kid took a pair of channel locks to the scope tube to get it apart. Gauged up paint missing. If this is how their technicians work on customer equipment they will really go to bottom of list. I was embarrassed for them. Scope preformed fine, just swallow my pride and moved on to nightforce and Vortex viper pst. I will not even look at a Leupold product after they did this !! True story happened 3 years ago.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:08 PM
Spike

That is what I call good service ,I had a Meopta that would not hold zero sent it back and got a new scope no charge .
Old 01-12-2019, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

i sent a Leupold scope in last year, a VX1, to have the power ring repaired. when i tried to change the power of the scope the ring was hard to turn. all i paid for was to sent it in to Leupold. they repaired it and sent it back with no charge. cant complain at all about their service. sent them an email thanking them for their service.