HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Scopes and Sights (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights-114/)
-   -   Weaver Kaspa line (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights/406653-weaver-kaspa-line.html)

8mm/06 05-23-2016 07:31 AM

Weaver Kaspa line

Anybody have any experience with the weaver Kaspa line of scopes? They are on the lower end of the price spectrum and I've seen Midway and amazon recently offer several of their models at very reduced process. Wondering if they are worth the very reduced process for the Chinese optics I'm sure they possess.

Was thinking of throwing one on a truck rifle. They currently have a 3-12 X 50 with ballistic-X reticle for $135.00 plus free shipping marked down from around $200.00 ( and maybe not worth anywhere near $200.00)

Just don't have any experience with modern Weaver products, especially this Kaspa line.

Any info you guys have would be appreciated.

8mm/06 05-26-2016 06:05 PM

BUMP

Guess no one here has purchased (or had experience with) the KAPSA line so far.

Certain models are priced so low I wonder about it's quality ...

GRIZZLYMAN 06-05-2016 04:22 PM

No experience with the Kaspa but I have bought a couple of Weaver 40/44 scopes on clearance. First one I paid $100 for a few years back and it has given me good service. I bought another from Midway a few weeks ago for $75 and mounted on an old .243. Very clear and brigh5 scopes even at last light.

8mm/06 06-06-2016 08:13 AM

Thanks GRIZZLYMAN

I Hope somebody out there has purchased a Kaspa or two and has some first hand experience with the Kaspa line.

I've been a fan of Weaver for years. It is in my book as one of several companies to have consistently make some good products and also stand by their warranties.

Blackelk 06-09-2016 03:00 AM

I like weaver scopes. They are clear and track well. I have a few kaspa scopes and seem to work just fine. I trust them more than the cheap Leupolds which I have sold. I do not know about their warranties never had a issue yet.

I have one 3x9 and a 6x18 Kaspa. The 3x9 is not on anything. Most of my weavers are in the Classic series.

8mm/06 06-09-2016 10:24 AM

Thank you Blackelk.

I know that the Kaspa line is far from the top of the line for Weaver, but in my research (so far) I've learned that thought they have Chinese glass, they seem to have a decent rate of review by the owners.

Still interested in anyone's reviews of these scopes.

Jenks 09-20-2016 11:01 AM

8mm, if you are still interested in the Weaver Kaspa, go to petersenshunting.com. A fellow named Keith Wood did an article on budget scopes. He tested that model against Zeiss, Leupold, Burris and Bushnell. According to the article, it is a good scope for the money. There is some other interesting articles there too.

8mm/06 09-22-2016 04:41 PM

Thanks Jenks ... I'll be sure to check it out right away

8mm/06 09-22-2016 05:00 PM

I read the article and found it very useful. Thanks for the tip. The Kaspa was the cheapest of the 5 reviewed but stood up very well among the field of competition.

Here's a link to the article

http://www.petersenshunting.com/gear...opes-for-2015/

huffmanite 12-15-2016 02:25 PM

While I own four Weaver scopes, none are the Kaspa scope. Weaver is a line of scopes I have a good regard for.

Have viewed thru a couple of Kaspa scopes in a local store....glass seemed OK to me when I played with their display models. But, lack of a Kaspa in 24X to 36X power range always kept me from buying one.

But, just thought I'd mention that a month or two ago Natchez Shooters Supply began selling a new line of Bushnell scopes, that are Weaver 40/44s at a lower price. FWIW, top lines of Weaver are Japanese made, 40/44s are made in Philippines, Kaspa are made in China.

P.S. a very large company called ATK owns Weaver (also Speer, Alliant, Federal, CCI and other gun related companies). Earlier this year ATK acquired Bushnell. Top lines of both Weaver and Bushnell scopes are made by Light Optics Works in Japan.