Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Weaver Kaspa line

Old 12-15-2016, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input and details on point of origin for some of the scopes in the Weaver and Bushnell lines. I'm still shopping and considering so the info is timely.

Thanks again
Old 12-16-2016, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE=huffmanite;4285600
But, just thought I'd mention that a month or two ago Natchez Shooters Supply began selling a new line of Bushnell scopes, that are Weaver 40/44s at a lower price.

huffmanlite, do you know the name of the line of scopes Bushnell is producing that are the Weaver 40/44 knockoff's? Is the "Legend"

Thanks in advance for your reply
Old 12-17-2016, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by huffmanite
While I own four Weaver scopes, none are the Kaspa scope. Weaver is a line of scopes I have a good regard for.

Have viewed thru a couple of Kaspa scopes in a local store....glass seemed OK to me when I played with their display models. But, lack of a Kaspa in 24X to 36X power range always kept me from buying one.

But, just thought I'd mention that a month or two ago Natchez Shooters Supply began selling a new line of Bushnell scopes, that are Weaver 40/44s at a lower price. FWIW, top lines of Weaver are Japanese made, 40/44s are made in Philippines, Kaspa are made in China.

P.S. a very large company called ATK owns Weaver (also Speer, Alliant, Federal, CCI and other gun related companies). Earlier this year ATK acquired Bushnell. Top lines of both Weaver and Bushnell scopes are made by Light Optics Works in Japan.

Actually Weaver and many other companies under different banners is now owned by Vista Outdoor, Inc. and they are based out of Utah. Here is the list of companies that ATK sold off recently to Vista: http://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/. As you can see if you click on that link, there are a lot of big name companies now under that Vista ownership!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-17-2016 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Add On