HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Scopes and Sights (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights-114/)
-   -   Leupold VX-3 line updated (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights/404078-leupold-vx-3-line-updated.html)

Game Stalker 01-23-2016 05:05 AM

Leupold VX-3 line updated

After Leupold did such a good job updating the VX-2 line to nearly the optical equal of the former VX-lll line, they've set their sights on updating the VX-3 to the VX-3i line. New in this series is the focus on the blue color spectrum for improved low light acquisition and the red spectrum for contrast increase and overall color balance. The power selector has been improved to allow easier magnification adjustment.
The price in some model I've viewed has not seemed to increase.

muzzlestuffer 01-23-2016 05:20 AM

that's great but the only bad part is spending all that money to update all the 15 leupolds i already have !! i wonder if they can change or update an existing scope to the new glass and internals ? i'm sure they can't just wishful thinking !

Game Stalker 01-24-2016 11:19 AM

The 1.75x6x32 isn't listed as updated on Leupolds site. Shame they lost a good power range in the line up.

Nomercy448 01-24-2016 12:31 PM

The VX-3 4.5-14x50mm 30mm SF had become my "go-to" glass for hunting rifles over the last few years.

I picked up a VX-3i 4.5-14x50mm 30mm SF for a rifle this week. It's a bit crisper, but so far, I haven't seen anything that really jumps out as hugely improved. It didn't convert the VX-3 into a VX-6, I can say that.

The VX-3i 4.5-14x50mm 30mm SF is now my "go-to" rifle scope for hunting rifles, taking the place of its predecessor.

I'm a little disappointed that they didn't convert to the 1/8MOA clicks as they had been teasing this winter.

There's also a 2nd release planned for mid-year (so I've been told), which will include more magnification ranges as well as an update to the Handgun Scope (VX-3i 2.5-8x32mm).

I begged and pleaded for them to include a VX-3i Handgun scope with Side Focus parallax adjustment, maybe a 30mm tube, but no such luck it seems. Not enough people stretch their handguns out far enough to warrant such a scope.

Valentine 01-24-2016 01:13 PM

I'm usually using

a good scope that's been updated.

StuartDell 12-05-2016 12:40 AM

Would it still be worth buying a VX-1 or is it totally worth ruling out these days and getting something better as i'm finding some good deals online.

Valentine 01-27-2017 05:17 PM

Ha, I don't worry about replacing 15 expensive scopess

i'm a born minimalist. Or at least I operated as one for the last forty years. I never bought any where near 15 rifles, so I avoided getting a good scope for all of them.
Look good companies seek improvements. I expect it. The question I ask myself is if the improvement made the old one absolutely obsolete. Leupold made some nice scopes ten and twenty years ago. I'll retest one Leupold in the early spring and decide then if mine needs replacement. Improvement never meant replacement , in my minimalist practice.

Sheridan 01-27-2017 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Valentine (Post 4292122)
Improvement never meant replacement , in my minimalist practice.

If it's good; it's Good !!!:guiness:

kidoggy 01-28-2017 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by StuartDell (Post 4284062)
Would it still be worth buying a VX-1 or is it totally worth ruling out these days and getting something better as i'm finding some good deals online.

that is a question only you can answer. I have VX-1 3X9 ON MY .270 and I have killed an awful lot of animals with it in the last 25-30 years.sure, there are better scopes but I would not hesitate to buy another.

270sniper 08-18-2017 12:25 PM

I am in the same boat as Kidoggy and could not agree more