Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Scope doesn't have adjustable sights >

Scope doesn't have adjustable sights

Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Scope doesn't have adjustable sights

Old 06-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

It would be nice if the OP would come back with some clarification since several here have tried to help him.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
It would be nice if the OP would come back with some clarification since several here have tried to help him.
Yes, it would since it's been over two days since he asked and he hasn't logged on the site since then.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Probably because he feels like an idiot for even posting this without doing some looking at his scope.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Probably because he feels like an idiot for even posting this without doing some looking at his scope.
Bingo, we have a winner! He actually was on the site twice yesterday and started a thread on coyote calling asking a couple more questions. You can read his post and decide if it is comparable to this scope one, LOL! I guess he's going by the old adage that no question is a dumb one, BUT......!!!
Old 06-08-2015, 09:40 AM
Spike

Yeah they were dust covers the scope is northwest territory I am convinced it didn't have turrets because I couldn't get the covers off by hand I took a towel and pliers.... Now to figure out how to steady a rim fire enough to sight it in....
Old 06-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think I will have to do as RR did the other day on a thread and say: "Not even going to touch that one"! I would like to ask how old you are and how long you've been around firearms if you don't mind saying though with the various questions and comments you've made in your first few days on the site?
Old 06-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

lmao@ Top! Mean old cuss!

Okay, so you are building an AR, putting a scope on a .22 (I'm assuming) and you don't know the difference between turret adjusters and the typical inset adjusters with dust covers? Not to mention the coyote questions or not even knowing how to rest and sight in a rifle. I'm starting to smell some BS here and the closest cattle to me are around 5 miles. My sniffer isn't that good!
Old 06-08-2015, 12:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, something just doesn't smell right, sniff test failure.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tend to be as skeptical as any about trolls or red herrings or any other name by which you might call someone that posts semi-ludicrous threads with the intent of fouling different forums. I can also, as I've been told, have very littler tolerance, and very little temperance in my word choice in my responses, so I come off like an *******, even when I'm not trying to be. And I don't think it's a secret - sometimes I TRY TO BE. But, in certain cases, I step back and ask myself - what if I'm wrong? What if this guy is legitimately so new to what he's doing that he just has no idea what he's doing? What if that's an honest question? An honest mistake?

The guy's 19yrs old, sounds like he has a schit job in Vegas, and he's new to firearms. He's definitely gotten a lot of salty commentary from some of us on our site here - myself included.

Stick around, keep asking questions.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I tend to be as skeptical as any about trolls or red herrings or any other name by which you might call someone that posts semi-ludicrous threads with the intent of fouling different forums. I can also, as I've been told, have very littler tolerance, and very little temperance in my word choice in my responses, so I come off like an *******, even when I'm not trying to be. And I don't think it's a secret - sometimes I TRY TO BE. But, in certain cases, I step back and ask myself - what if I'm wrong? What if this guy is legitimately so new to what he's doing that he just has no idea what he's doing? What if that's an honest question? An honest mistake?

The guy's 19yrs old, sounds like he has a schit job in Vegas, and he's new to firearms. He's definitely gotten a lot of salty commentary from some of us on our site here - myself included.

Stick around, keep asking questions.
Grumble Grumble I hate it when the kids right! I sawwy Freight. Just some things aren't adding up for my poor peanut sized brain. And I'm a bit crotchity due to being stuck in a wheelchair for a while with a busted up knee and hip. My apologies. Us old farts (yes you too Oldtimr) should be a bit more tolerant of the newbies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.