HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Scopes and Sights (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights-114/)
-   -   Tasco World Class Scope (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/scopes-sights/394635-tasco-world-class-scope.html)

buckman11 10-01-2014 06:28 PM

Tasco World Class Scope

What do yall think of the Tasco World Class Scope? I know its not the best but for the money I think its pretty good. Opinions? Thanks!

JagMagMan 10-02-2014 07:18 AM

The only thing worse than Trashco is Simmons! For a few $$$ more you can get a lot better scope! Nikon, Luepy or even a Bushnell.

Bbj270 10-02-2014 08:53 AM

Dont know about the new tasco world class but the older ones were descent scopes got two one on a rem 788 in 222 that's been on their for over 30 years and one on a savage 24 20 ga/22 mag since the late 60s early 70s. One problem with the one on the savage fogged up inches about 25 years ago sended it back and they fixed it. Never a problem again. They are on guns that are used a lot and hold up.

JagMagMan 10-02-2014 04:26 PM

My first Tasco did good for about 4 years. When it did break, it did it at the range and thankfully not on a hunt. They did replace it in about 3 months, but the replacement wouldn't hold zero from the start. As far as the Simmons, it broke within a couple of seasons and to make it worse, it took me several attempts to even speak to a live person on the phone! Get the best you can afford! Good glass is worth the money.

T.C_Hunter 10-03-2014 03:51 AM

Don't go cheap on your optics. It's really worth spending a little more for a decent scope. Nikon, Leupold, Vortex, and Burris all make good affordable scopes.

Sheridan 10-03-2014 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by T.C_Hunter (Post 4162123)
Don't go cheap on your optics. It's really worth spending a little more for a decent scope. Nikon, Leupold, Vortex, and Burris all make good affordable scopes.

Nice line-up of scopes: I would add Bushnell and certainly there are a few others.

Buy it once.........................

Get a lifetime warranty !!!

Tundra10 10-03-2014 10:41 PM

Japan manufactured ( older ) Tasco scopes are quite good.

Wayspr 10-04-2014 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tundra10 (Post 4162339)
Japan manufactured ( older ) Tasco scopes are quite good.

Yes they were. I have one of the old ones. When I'm having issues and want to determine if it's scope related, I put on that old Tasco. These days its purely used as a backup or testing scope. Optically, it isn't as clear or bright as my Leupys, Zeiss or Nikons but it sure as hell holds its zero.

hoghunting 10-07-2014 01:31 PM

What do yall think of the Tasco World Class Scope? I know its not the best but for the money I think its pretty good.
If you think they are pretty good, then stick with them. I will not have any hunt rely on a $50 Chinese made POS. The older Japanese Tasco's were good scopes, but I don't think they were labeled World Class like the new ones.

Bbj270 10-07-2014 05:54 PM

The tasco world class's I have or over 30 years old pushing 40 and are labeled world class. At one time the world class series were the top.of the line tasco. Don't know about the newer ones but the older ones were.descent scopes for the money.