Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Bad scope or bad bedding >

Bad scope or bad bedding

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Bad scope or bad bedding

Old 09-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by deerhunter518
because I cant afford a $300-$400 scope it automatically means im a smoker and a drinker? how have you come up with this idea? my extra money goes into my hobby just like you but I also have a wife and kids that I support on my wallet and I would rather give my kids new clothes or buy them new toys so they can enjoy life instead of selfishly taking extra money to benefit a beater rifle I picked up of nothing. you don't even know me or what I have to pass judgment about how I spend money. here's any idea; next time you have a thought, Fart, it might get your head out of your ass.
I didn't say you were a drinker or smoker! I said I'm not and that's money I can use for my equipment. Big difference there pardner and I have an even better idea than yours seeing as how you want to be a jackass after asking your questions. The next time you have a question about something like you did here, go the heck somewhere else for your answers and advice seeing as how EVERYONE has told you the same dang thing as I have and all you can come back with is smartazz retorts to me! I'd tell you where you can stick your beater rifle and tasco, but I prefer to stay on this website, LOL!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 09-09-2014 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

Another thread down the crapper!
Old 09-09-2014, 05:46 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Wayspr
Another thread down the crapper!
You are right and a few warnings have been sent.

Dave......JW
Old 09-24-2014, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

SMH Why do the threads seem to go this way? The guy asked a question. Yes, the more $$$$ you spend the better. We all got that. But it's not feasible for everyone. I personally would rather see a guy actively hunting, enjoying the woods, with his $100 scope, than have a guy walk away from hunting because he can't drop $500 on a scope. I shot a junky scope for several years through college until I could afford a better Nikon. But it kept me in the woods, shot at least 15 deer, and gave me lots of good times. We know more $$$$ is better, but hunting isn't about $$$$. It's about enjoying the woods, enjoying the company we're with, and you can do that with a $100 scope.
-Jake
Old 11-26-2014, 11:03 AM
Banned

If you are disquieted regarding defrayal that tiny little bit of cash and obtain one thing that low-cost, you'll still have problems! a decent scope will set you back a minimum of doubly the money you are worrying regarding spending!
Old 11-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jonathanmsoloman
If you are disquieted regarding defrayal that tiny little bit of cash and obtain one thing that low-cost, you'll still have problems! a decent scope will set you back a minimum of doubly the money you are worrying regarding spending!
Don't tell him what everyone else has, including myself, because he doesn't want to hear it! I have no problem with someone using low cost equipment, including a scope, IF it does and continues to do what it's supposed to. If it doesn't perform and causes a wounded animal, then that is where I will again say to save some money up however you can and get a little bit better equipment. Anyway, he hasn't even been back on the website since he posted his last retort on this thread. PS to Jake: This thread went the way it did because of the retorts made by the OP when he wouldn't listen to 90% of the posts that told him he probably should get a better scope.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 11-26-2014 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hell, you don't even need a scope...............Have fun out there !!!
Old 11-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Spike

Sounds like you got the rifle shooting and it was indeed a problem with the gun. I did want to comment on one thing though...the hand loaded ammo you said you were shooting in it. Sounds like the gun is shooting it fine, but just FYI for future...ammo that is loaded and shoots really well in one gun doesn't necessarily mean it will shoot in another gun well. I have guns that shoot certain ammo really well, but when the ammo is put in another gun it will shoot poorly. Obviously you had a different problem going on since it would shoot groups and then POI would change (but still had decent groups), but just wanted to share the above with you for future knowledge. Darn things seem to like what they like and it isn't necessarily always the same thing.