Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

rifleman

Old 07-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default rifleman

I recently added an ole rem 788 to my collection that's been fun to shoot I had to do away with the 30 year old fixed 4x that's was on it and replaced it with a 4x12x40 rifle man seems like a decent scope haven't tried it out yet. I have a few leupolds just never had the rifleman serious any one had any issues with them ? any feed back is appreciated
Old 07-12-2013, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Many of the internet "experts" don't like this scope. I suspect that most of them have never actually used one, but bashing is a popular pastime on the internet. Your opinion is the only one that matters. Good hunting.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
Many of the internet "experts" don't like this scope. I suspect that most of them have never actually used one, but bashing is a popular pastime on the internet. Your opinion is the only one that matters. Good hunting.
That's really all there is to it. Take it to the range, if it holds zero and you like shooting with it, then it's good to go.

As far as real world results, people seem to like them. Good value for the price.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

Haven't handled or owned one so can't say for myself. Seems to be a mixed bag of reviews which isn't abnormal and indicates it's probably an acceptable device. Let us know what you think after using it.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 3 Leupold Rifleman scopes on 3 different caliber Rifles I own....a Browning A-bolt Hunter in a .243,a Savage 7mm-08 Bolt Action and finally a newer CZ model 527 "Varmint" .204 Bolt action Rifle and each one performs great,has quality clear glass and is nice a clear drawing in plenty of light in the early mornings and late evenings when most scopes are cloudy or un-clear!

I would highly reccomend the affordable Rifleman Scopes to anyone and love them on the Rifles I'm shooting and depending on in the Hunting Field!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

I own a 3x9-40 Rifleman on a 7-08. Bought this scope several years ago and put it on a rifle for my son. Scope has held zero and appears to be sufficiently clear and bright as my son has taken several whitetails with it at dusk. Overall, seems like a decent scope for the price.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Spike

According to Leupold' s website the Rifleman scope is an economy line scope. That is why I think so many seem to dislike the scope since it may not of the higher endogenous scopes that Leopold is known for. That being said it has the lifetime gold ring warranty, I believe glass equal to older Vari X line that they had prior to the new VX lineup. I think it still uses the friction adjustments and it is 1/2" MOA which helps in the past. I would not be afraid at all to hunt with or use the Rifleman scope on any of my guns.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

That 788 is not a great design. Leupolds are upscale however.

Sell the 788 and use the scope money for a better rifle.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Then buy a better scope.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

The 788 if u look back in the gun forum at my group u may think a bit diffrent ....i have a few rifles that are set up for longrange accuracy this is just a old small fun gun for the kiddos that happens to be a good shooting rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.