Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Premium Rifle Scopes

Old 07-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our experiences and opinions do not match up very well, but to each his own. Calling another man's equipment "crap" and seldom missing an opportunity to continually bash it comes off as harsh.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
Our experiences and opinions do not match up very well, but to each his own. Calling another man's equipment "crap" and seldom missing an opportunity to continually bash it comes off as harsh.
Nicely phrased !!!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agree. I have Swift Optics scope on my varmint rifle ( 220 Swift ) I've thought about replacing it for many years. Just can't get myself to take off a scope that continues to provide me with consistent 350 + yd kills.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Tundra10
Agree. I have Swift Optics scope on my varmint rifle ( 220 Swift ) I've thought about replacing it for many years. Just can't get myself to take off a scope that continues to provide me with consistent 350 + yd kills.
You beat me to it...
Old 07-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

You take my comments way to personal...I didn't call your equipment "crap" I said my experience with newer Lupy's has proven to ME that they don't build the quality product they use to...I have had two really bad experiences with Lupy in the past couple years with the SAME scope...MY experience. You've had different experiences and that's good! That's why there are several companies and a diverse set of options out there...we all have different preferences.

I dislike Lupy (also not a big Zeiss fan honestly). But that being said I actually own several Lupy's...have 3 that date to around 1970ish on rifles as we speak (a pair of 308's and a 243) and have a VX 3 that's about 3 years old on a 300WM (it had to be warrantied twice in the first year before they finally just replaced it...cost me time and money for a hunt).

Last time I checked I didn't call you out or call your equipment crap, merely spoke my mind and shared MY opinion on the topic of scopes. I am willing to bet we could find a caliber or bullet we didn't agree on too...but it doesn't mean I don't respect your opinion and let you freely share it...

Rant over Carry on...it's not personal and I mean that!