Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Scope "covers" ?

Old 08-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Spike

Butler Creek flip ups on all of my scopes to include my binos. Let’s see $20 to help protect $2000 in glass on a rifle and all it takes is proper placement and routine practice to flip open the covers in less than one second without interfering with mounting the rifle, well worth it.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Only when it is snowing heavy do cover my scope lens. I normally use a Bikini type scope cover that I can pop off quickly. Another good thing is if you have an old truck innertube around, you have enough scope covers to last a lifetime. Just cut across the tube to make a ring wide enough to fit over your scope lenses.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Covers while stalking game? No. Covers in storage or during transport (to include in an Eberlestock pack)? Yes. Typically "bikini"-type.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

We got a bunch of Leapers scope covers for 3-9x40 scopes recently that we've been bundling with some scopes. I took a couple sets and put them on my .22 scopes (both 4-12x40), and they work well. I've seen higher quality covers, but I can't complain for under $10 a pair.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Typical Buck

Butler Creek flip ups here... great for keep crap/water off the lenses till you are ready to pullthe trigger... I have broken a few over the years... they are plastic & get banged a round a bit in the thick stuff!!!