Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
3X9 Zeiss conquest or Luepold VX-R >

3X9 Zeiss conquest or Luepold VX-R

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

3X9 Zeiss conquest or Luepold VX-R

Old 02-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Spike

Default 3X9 Zeiss conquest or Luepold VX-R

Its been a few years since I 've had to purchase a rifle scope , last time I replaced a VX-III with a Conquest because the Zeiss had a much sharper clearer view. Has Leupold caught back up in this field they have a VX-R with a 30mm tube that is priced a few $ under the conquest. No one sells or stocks the R line in my area can anyone provide first hand information after handling both of these rifle scopes?
Old 02-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

If those are the only to choices...Zeiss any day over the VZ III Luppy...but I am not familiar with the "R" you refer too, they (Luppy's) aren't worth the $$ anymore.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know Luepold has a number of different levels and I know they have good products at each price point; but I kinda feel like you're paying for the box and the "gold ring".

Big companies have big marketing budgets !!!

Last edited by Sheridan; 02-27-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:36 AM
Typical Buck

In the price point that both occupy, Conquest offers more value than any other scope.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't overlook the Sightron Big Sky line. They are every bit as good as the two you listed, imo better than the Leupold Vx3/R, and equal to the Conquest line with a little better eye relief. Honestly, any of those are nice scopes and will suit you well.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by emtrescue6
If those are the only to choices...Zeiss any day over the VZ III Luppy
Originally Posted by Sheridan
I know Luepold has a number of different levels and I know they have good products at each price point; but I kinda feel like you're paying for the box and the "gold ring".
Originally Posted by Wayspr
In the price point that both occupy, Conquest offers more value than any other scope.
I agree with these three gentlemen.

Also consider Minox, their US presence is growing and they make an excellent scope at the price you're looking to pay.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Spike

So is the Leupold VX-R a level up from the VX-III, not sure how it falls in the product line?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

The VX III has been replaced with the VX 3 (very nice 1" tube scope), and the original Conquest has also discontinued and replaced. The discontinued Conquests are on sale everywhere at bargin prices.
The VX R is illuminated and has a 30mm tube, so it is really isn't a good comparison to the 1" non-illuminated Conquest. The glass on both models is good.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

the conquest series are heavier and eye relief stinks. go with the leupy vx3 anyday of the week.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by liquidorange
the conquest series are heavier and eye relief stinks. go with the leupy vx3 anyday of the week.
4" of eye relief stinks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.