Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
3X9 Zeiss conquest or Luepold VX-R >

3X9 Zeiss conquest or Luepold VX-R

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

3X9 Zeiss conquest or Luepold VX-R

Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by liquidorange
the conquest series are heavier and eye relief stinks. go with the leupy vx3 anyday of the week.
Quite the contrary my dear friend. Given those two choices, I'd take the Conquest for most applications.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure why in this day and age. Hunters are looking at products from over seas.

In my opinion, the VX-R has a slightly lower quality glass. Compared to the VX-III. It does have a 30mm tube as has been pointed out. I also believe, the illuminated recticle makes up for this slight downgrade.

Good hunting.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have expereince with many, many different makes and models of shooting scopes ...from as far back as the mid 1960's. In my book the Conquest line is one of the better values out there right now.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like the Conquests are assembled here in the USA. IIRC they are actually assembled on the same Meopta production line as the Swaro Z3 and some Minox scopes.
http://www.exploreproducts.com/zeiss...iflescopes.htm

Ive heard the new Conquest HD5s may be coming from Germany but i haven't seen one yet.

Some parts are imported but Leupold also uses imported parts including glass on cheaper models. About the only thing they don't out source is the tube. The Conquest and Leupold Schott lenses are actually made here in the USA with some imported glass like Ohara.

Considering the OP asked about the Conquest 3x9x40, i dont see how the Conquest eye relief can be labeled as "stinks". Its so close to a similar magnification VXR and VX3 but it remains at a near constant 4" when you increase magnification. The Conquest is also very close in weight and length to the VXR 3x9x40.

The sub $400 deals on the older 3x9x40 Conquests make it one of the best values you can find.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 03-29-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Conquest..
Old 03-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Buy the Conquest.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn
I'm not sure why in this day and age. Hunters are looking at products from over seas.

In my opinion, the VX-R has a slightly lower quality glass. Compared to the VX-III. It does have a 30mm tube as has been pointed out. I also believe, the illuminated recticle makes up for this slight downgrade.

Good hunting.
So are you advocating for the Luppy or the Zeiss, I'm confused...as Luppy's use a great deal of imported parts and while an "American" company...the Conquest is probably as "American" as the cheaply made Luppy...
Old 04-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
............ if ya want a good scope pay the money, but no need to pay more than ya gotta.

+1

I just don't want to pay for "their" marketing and "a" box with a famous name on it ?!?!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sheridan
+1

I just don't want to pay for "their" marketing and "a" box with a famous name on it ?!?!
If there's one thing I've learned over time, it's that the biggest difference between the famous names' scopes and some of the lesser known brands is the size of advertising budgets.

There's a lot of really good scopes out there that are really affordable and as good, if not better than the big guys. You just have to be willing to look.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Fork Horn

Lol - I don't remember seeing much for Zeiss advertisements. I think they are just content making the finest mid-range scopes in the world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.