Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

good scope for a ML.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you need one quick for low bucks go with the Simmons ProDiamond 4x 32. Hard to beat for about $39. Yes, Simmons has a pretty crappy reputation but check out the ML forum, a lot of us use this scope with no complaints. Clear glass, good eye relief and holds up to a lot of punishment. A fixed 4x will easily serve for 90% of your ML needs.

Check it out here.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by klinger86
i got the cva optima for christmas and went to my local gun shop today and picked up a bushnell scope not exactly sure what the model name on it is i know it's 3-9x40 got a really good deal from the guy i normally deal with out there since he couldnt find the caps to cover the adjusment screws he sold me the scope for around 20 bucks.... he told me that the scope is normally around 50....

here are some pics of the scope maybe some of you can help identify it....

That's the Bushnell that comes on many of the cheaper package deal rifles. It doesn't seem to have a model name on it anywhere. Honestly, I wouldn't have given $20 for it. My experience in general with cheap scopes has been a lot better than what most guys online would make you believe, but that particular Bushnell is on of the worst scopes I've had. I'm not at all a fan of it, and I quickly sold mine off.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

My Accura V2 is topped with a Leupold Ultimate Slam. Love it.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by t.shaffer
just remember you gets whats you pay for. but seriously to begin with go with a bushnell banner (running around $100 ) but tried to save for a leupold shotgun/muzzleloader ( aprox $200 ) the best scope i've owned to this date is a leupold vx1 1x4 x20 with heavy duplex. @ 1 power fov is 75 feet & great to stay on a deer @ that distance. well worth the money & never had a problem with any leupold
I must have got lucky... I put a Simmons Pro Diamond shotgun scope on my Omega several years ago and it has performed flawlsessly, has clear optics, decent lowlight capability, and always maintains zero. Even bumped it a couple times and still held zero. I wouldn't hestiate buying another.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Spike

Default ML Scope

I have a Traditions 3-9X40 ML scope on my Traditions Canyon and a Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9X40 rifle scope on my TC Omega Z5. While one is a ML scope I don't believe you really eed a "ML specific" scope. The scope on the Canyon I got from Traditions for $75 and it shoots 1 1/2" groups, while the Bushnell came from a local gun shop for $150. Hope this helps.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I put a Bushnell Banner on my Omega Z5. I know it's not an expensive scope but it has served me well. I have had zero problems in the four years that I have owned the combo.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bushnell's lowest price scope is the Banner. I suspect that this is what you have. It retails around $75 +/-. It is an economy scope and is often included in rifle/scope combo so called "package" deals.

You need to find some turrret covers, otherwise dust and moisture will contaminate the adjust ent turrets and may eventually corrode enough to breach into the scope tube itself. If you cannot find any covers, I suggest that you "tape" over the adjustment turrets with black electrical tape. Looks like heck, but will help keep the moisture out.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mojotex
Bushnell's lowest price scope is the Banner. I suspect that this is what you have. It retails around $75 +/-. It is an economy scope and is often included in rifle/scope combo so called "package" deals.

You need to find some turrret covers, otherwise dust and moisture will contaminate the adjust ent turrets and may eventually corrode enough to breach into the scope tube itself. If you cannot find any covers, I suggest that you "tape" over the adjustment turrets with black electrical tape. Looks like heck, but will help keep the moisture out.
What he has isn't the Banner. There are also the Sportsmans which are also lower than the Banners and in the $40-50 price range. Then there is this which is even lower. I've never seen them for sale individually, only on package rifles, but they aren't anywhere near the quality of a Banner. Not that the Banners are all that great.